User Tag List

Page 5778 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 477852785678572857685776577757785779578057885828587862786778 ... LastLast
Results 57,771 to 57,780 of 67808

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    cut out of work 40 minutes early and I never do that

control freak coworker who left the department was back for the day and spent the whole time undermining me and finally started yelling at me... and I'm technically her boss when she's over there. I was tired and after the months we'd worked together I had given up on fighting her because there are some people who it is just pointless to fight with... if you're more laid back it's pointless to fight a control freak because the moment you turn your back to focus on getting shit done they're slipping into your place... and my number one focus is getting shit done in the most efficient manner possible while at work (I've done most of the innovations in place in two departments so far as far as flow and organization go). She yelled at me and I'd really just had enough of that and there was no point in getting in a fight that she'd drag on for the next month, so I walked out... told my supervisor I was leaving and must have looked pretty upset because he told me that it was perfectly fine and not to feel bad about leaving because he could totally understand my reason.

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or if she isn't or what... I don't get it
    Heh. I'm biased in favor of those who are trying to "get shit done" over control freaks, so I'm of course going to come out in favor of you being in the right.

As a type 9w8, I have a different experience with control freaks. I avoid conflict and maneuver around them (your secondary strategy), but eventually any true control freak is going to confront me head on, at which point they become quite surprised that I stand up to them. I don't abide bullies. I'm surprised that your supervisor tolerates your coworker if he's sympathetic to your plight.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Heh. I'm biased in favor of those who are trying to "get shit done" over control freaks, so I'm of course going to come out in favor of you being in the right.

As a type 9w8, I have a different experience with control freaks. I avoid conflict and maneuver around them (your secondary strategy), but eventually any true control freak is going to confront me head on, at which point they become quite surprised that I stand up to them. I don't abide bullies. I'm surprised that your supervisor tolerates your coworker if he's sympathetic to your plight.
    last I saw he was headed her direction and looking quite displeased with her... he does NOT like her and she left the department because he wouldn't put up with her shit (funny 3 v 1 conflict!).

my natural inclination is to get in a fight, but I realize that some people do not have my tendency to get mad, say some evil things and then get over it and move on... one of those things I've picked up with age. Some people actually take the things that are said in that one or two moments of being really pissed off personally, so yeah, the secondary strategy is a safer option. Getting in fights with people with similar inclinations to myself tends to be MUCH more productive in a way because then the anger is gone and nobody is mad anymore... not having to feel like you've lopped off a part of yourself just to accommodate others in a way

and on not letting them push you around... tends to shock people sometimes when they encounter a backbone.
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

The other day I was watching a movie with my friend and he said something was gross so I said "It's so yucky" and he fucking lost it. I now make it a point to use the word yucky whenever I can around him because he thinks its hilarious.

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

Oɴᴇ Hᴇᴀʀᴛ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I'm an entj 8w7.

knowing what makes us happy
    is sometimes the hardest thing to do
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Sneering at the age demographic that represents your best hopes for winning is a really, really stupid political move.

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

that felt good

Shooting the kid in the side and the back was self defense? Right, asshole. Right.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I don't like talking about philosophy to people anymore. I'm going to lessen it.

I'm just avoiding humans for a while. Fuck 'em all. I hate indecisive people so much. They make me want to actually make their life decisions for 'em! I plan something, they say yeah and then they go bail me off at the last minute to see their Grandma. We planned this all out...

Default The Tell Tale Heart

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism