User Tag List

Page 577 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 7747752756757557657757857958762767710771577 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,770 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Eh. It's not always people deserving of a rude response. I was at a convenience store and bought a pack of clove cigarettes and the cashier said, "Aw. A girl your age shouldn't smoke these." In my head I thought, "Are you my fucking life coach or are you a minimum wage employee at a shitty convenience store?"

And the odd thing is.... I AGREE WITH HER. I don't actually smoke. It took me 2 months to get through the last pack of cigarettes I bought - I just like the smell of cloves.

So why is my 'automatic response' to say something mean?
    You're probably just misanthropic, lots of good people are, check out House MD and that character has been in the collective unconscious for a while before crystalising into that TV show.

I like the smell of cloves too, thought about taking up pip smoking because I like the smell of pipe smoke or cigars. It can depend on your degree of frustration too, plus you're I, how strong is that function for you? I'm boarding between I and E most of the time but people piss me off, go to the shops and its generally five minutes out of the car before I'm fuming.

People who dont read in book shops, people who leave the house and make a spectacle of themselves in public because they are unprepared for the weather, people with no sense what so ever of personal space, others who'll act the thug and then surprised if you step up to them.

With all that going on its not a wonder that when you finally encounter someone who's neutral or even nice that you're feeling a bit toxic.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You're probably just misanthropic, lots of good people are, check out House MD and that character has been in the collective unconscious for a while before crystalising into that TV show.
    What criteria do you use for 'Good people' though. If you're a rude/cruel/bitter person such as House - why isn't he defined as a bad person?

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    plus you're I, how strong is that function for you? I'm boarding between I and E most of the time but people piss me off, go to the shops and its generally five minutes out of the car before I'm fuming.
    Very, very strong I. The internet is the only real place that I participate in much social interaction. Other than that... I'm the quiet, reserved type who would prefer to sit in her room reading books and playing videogames than ever leave the apartment.

But being introverted is hardly an excuse for being mean. One can't really make the generalization that "Extroverts are nice and introverts are mean."
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

figsfiggyfigs

.... I'm really really sleepy. It's like I've been dosed with Excedrin pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    What criteria do you use for 'Good people' though. If you're a rude/cruel/bitter person such as House - why isn't he defined as a bad person?

Very, very strong I. The internet is the only real place that I participate in much social interaction. Other than that... I'm the quiet, reserved type who would prefer to sit in her room reading books and playing videogames than ever leave the apartment.

But being introverted is hardly an excuse for being mean. One can't really make the generalization that "Extroverts are nice and introverts are mean."
    Why not? Just kidding!

No, I wouldnt blame anyone for living that kind of existence, I'm pretty driven to interact but I spend a lot of time online because there's no other opportunities to find people who arent assholes. I migrated between a lot of forums before I found this one and it has a lot of good functions to control the exposure to the ones which do visit here.

I'd say bad people are people who dont self-censor, arent self-aware, have no emotional or social intelligence and just inflict their toxicity on others over and over and over again.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

It's Beatles hour at TypoC! Find any excuse to reply to a thread or post with lyrics from your favorite Beatles song!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

so maybe i should have covered my stew when i put it in the microwave ... like the instructions said ... why do some liquids explode and some don't ...

MBTI
    ENFP

Board won't let me upload my new avatar. It took me hours to decide which photo of my flawless prince was best.

George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Board won't let me upload my new avatar. It took me hours to decide which photo of my flawless prince was best.

If you save the picture to your computer and THEN set it as your avatar, it will always work. I've set pictures that are wallpaper sized as my wallpaper and if it's saved to my computer it automatically resizes it and it's fine.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Why does everyone look exactly the same?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Vent is emptier than its ever been since I've been here.