User Tag List

Page 5765 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 476552655665571557555763576457655766576757755815586562656765 ... LastLast
Results 57,641 to 57,650 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    eSTP

GF showed this to me. I have been tying to help her recognize the wrong people to be around. She is to optimistic. Figure I would share it here, Good article imo

Toxic People: 12 Things They Do and How to Deal with Them - Hey Sigmund - Karen Young
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.
    Likes Destiny liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've got a dilemma, I'm consciously not buying books in hard copy anymore until I've managed to get the amount I own under control, seriously its out of control, and I'm now wondering if I should stop buying books for other people too, maybe they have the same problem as me and I just dont know about it.
    Don't worry about it. Book freaks will always enjoy getting books even with a pile of them waiting to be read.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

In terms of romantic compatibility, builders go best with other builders and explorers go best with other explorers while negotiators go best with directors.

I'm a negotiator, and I recently met a director, and I have to say that I actually felt this deep connection thing going on. Damn. I'm just so intrigued by this person. That bluntness, that straightforwardness, and that ability to have deep conversations for hours. He is everything I looked for in a soulmate.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@Lark @Kas

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Qlip, Kas liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

this video makes very little sense with this song but i love it the video with the song! thanks autoplay on youtube!!
    by @magpie
    Likes Ghost liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    this video makes very little sense with this song but i love it the video with the song! thanks autoplay on youtube!!
    Oh, I'd never seen the video. Low is very diggable.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Oh, I'd never seen the video. Low is very diggable.
    i'd never heard of them tbh. that was my first exposure. but i was digging it cuz it took me 3 minutes to realize the song had changed. and if it was something i hated i'd notice right away.
    by @magpie

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

http://scholar.harvard.edu/files/ale...feb_2015_0.pdf

In 1860 French was still a foreign language to half of all French children. Outside major cities, France was a country of different languages, dialects and diverse currencies. Travel far outside one's own village was rare, and indifference or hostility to the French state common. From the French Revolution and throughout the 19th century, French rulers expressed the imperative to "form French citizens". Following the unification of Italy (1860), a process led by a Northern elite which then ruled the country, Massimo d'Azeglio (one of the founders of unified Italy) famously remarked: "Italy has been made; now it remains to make Italians." In 1860 at most 10% of the Italian population spoke what would become the Italian language, there was only one railway line which crossed any of the pre-unification states, and many were openly hostile to the new nation. During the 19th and early 20th Centuries, those who governed France and Italy implemented a range of policies with the aim of building commonality among the population and "forming" what they determined to be "Frenchmen" and "Italians". They introduced state controlled education, including compulsory elementary schooling; banned languages other than the "national language" in schools, religious services and administrations; introduced compulsory military service often with the explicit aim of integrating and mixing individuals from different parts of the country; and extended road and rail links.

France and Italy are just two examples. History has witnessed a multitude of efforts to "nation-build". Tilly (1975) observes that "almost all European governments eventually took steps which homogenized their populations: the adpotion of state religions, expulsion of minorities..., institution of a national language, eventually the organization of mass public instruction." Hobsbawm (1990) notes, "states would use the increasingly powerful machinery for communicating with their inhabitants, above all the primary schools, to spread the image and heritage of the 'nation' and to inculcate attatchment to it," and that "the official or culture-language of rulers and elites usually came to be the actual language of modern states via public education and other administrative mechanisms." In contrast, European elites did not enact such policies in their colonies (Michalopoulus and Papaioannou, 2012). Yet once these colonies gained independence in the 1950's and after, many introduced policies to create a national language and national identity, similar to those of 19th century Europe (Miguel, 2004). The 20th century also saw dictators and political elites who built homogeneity by prohibiting local cultures and attempting to impose their ideologies, often by odious means, for example the Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, Mao's China, or Franco's Spain. Nation-building continues to remain relevant in the 21st century; in China, a range of nation-building policies are being implemented in peripheral regions which have large minority groups.

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH Array Mademoiselle's Avatar
    MBTI
    -NTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Once upon a time, there was an INTJ who wasn't smart at all.
    Last edited by Mademoiselle; 10-27-2015 at 04:12 PM. Reason: No problem
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    ||||||||||||
    …Order >> Chaos >> Order
    ————

It's raining in my country right now.

It's a windy windy day today. Unlike most people, I'm not a fan of the sun. I actually prefer cold weathers.