User Tag List

Page 5748 of 6764 FirstFirst ... 474852485648569857385746574757485749575057585798584862486748 ... LastLast
Results 57,471 to 57,480 of 67638

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    I wonder how much more damage he would have done had he been carrying a gun.
    A lot more. You have to jump through a lot of hoops to get a gun license here tho, and really the only people who have guns are law enforcement and the military (the killer was shot to death by the police, most likely suicide by cop). 2 people killed was probably one of the least harmful outcomes of this situation. Armed with guns, it would've been a massacre.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Yes, I need more than two plaid shirts.
    Likes chickpea, Enthusiastic_Dreamer liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Thats such an ENFP response ;D Nah, kidding.
    That's true too. In its own sense.
    I just need something to do over the weekend. Tonight is booked up, lol. I have to finish this assignment by midnight.
    Haha hey, well that's just what I do, is focus on myself, and the right people tend to come along and I usually end up finding amazing friends in the process If you're a shallow person, you tend to run into other shallow people. Birds of a feather...

I'd much rather meet genuine people than to have hundreds of followers any day. And what can I say, coming from an ENFP, you'll get an "ENFP" response.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Rightwing extremism has been rising during the last few years and the burning of these facilities isn't really anything "new", but the frequency of the arsons has been ramped up since the Syrian immigration crisis. And yes, Sweden has a very welcoming immigration policy which isn't really sustainable in the long run (a big reason for the growing number of nationalists and extremists) and during this crisis we have taken care of huge numbers of Syrian immigrants.

The biggest nationalist party in Sweden, the Swedish Democrats, were also kicked out of government last winter after an agreement between the other parties, so there is probably a shitload of butthurt nationalists more than eager to "take revenge" so to speak. Despite the party's efforts to appear clean there are a lot of racists and extremists in their ranks.

I reckon it's gonna get a lot worse before it gets any better.

EDIT: The Swedish Democrats weren't kicked out of government, lol, but they attempted shit during budget negotiations which lead to the agreement between the other parties which in practice meant that they weren't gonna give a shit about the Swedish Democrats and their games, which was seen as a betrayal by many.
    There are a lot of parallels to the situation here in Germany. It all sounds far too familiar.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    There are a lot of parallels to the situation here in Germany. It all sounds far too familiar.
    How so? I'd be interested in tracking trends.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    How so? I'd be interested in tracking trends.
    There is a huge influx of refugees, many of them Syrians. The official number used to be that they expect about 800.000 people to arrive this year, then there were rumours of up to 1.5 million people (we are a country of about 80 million inhabitants). At the beginning of the year there was also a huge share of migrants from the Balkans who were mainly fleeing from poverty and had an almost zero % chance of having their application for asylum accepted. They clogged up the system though and caused a lot of resentment. The asylum system is near its breaking point. There are not enough beds for everyone and many have to sleep in tents with hardly anything to keep them warm because there are so many of them and the cities that receive them don't have the infrastructure to accomodate all these people.

The country is divided between those who have pity with these people, say that a human being is a human being and that we have a moral obligaion to help if we can help and those who cry "our own people first!" and don't want to accomofate any refugees. Many of these latter people would prefer it if there were no foreigners at all in the country and they are especially afraid of muslims.

There has been a surge of violent rightwing extremism with arson attacks on asylum homes in the 1990s, epecially in the East of the country. Then things got a bit better and now there is a huge number of arson attacks. Xenophobic crimes are at a record high. The mood on the extreme right gets more and more violent. They insult and threaten those who disagree with them. Several mayors have received death threats from their citizens because they were housing or announced to receive war refugees in their towns. There was a severe knife attack on a candidate for mayor in Köln because of her refugee-friendly policies. The attacker was a righwing extremist. The politician had to be put into a coma and won the election while in a coma (she is already better). On a large demonstration in Dresden (one of the most rightwing cities in the country and a epicentre of the protests, most of which are in the East though the problem is a nationwide phenomenon) a wellknown writer of Turkish origin who is known for his anti-Islam, anti-foreigner, anti-feminist and anti-gay stance declared "It is a pity the concentration camps are currently closed" That comment triggered an investigation by the public prosecutor, but it is sadly far from unique. There are masses of hate speech comments on Facebook. Spiegel Online, the most read online news source temporarily blogged the comment function for a large part of their articles on the migration crises because so many of them required heavy moderation due to hate speech.

Merkel is a moderate conservative. Pretty moderate. So miuch so that she frustrated the right wing of her own party which led to the foundation of a new rightwing party. That started as right wing but still within the democratic spectrum.Then they radicalized, so much so that they split, the extremists took over the party. Then they radicalized some more to that point that the old rebel leader who took over the party from the right is now defending it against those even further to the right.

Many protesters are fairly regular people who are simply afraid, but there are also lots of hardcore nazis (in the sense of "hail hitler, let's reestablish the third reich" nazi, not "that nazi bastard scratched my car" nazi) and both join forces in an unholy alliance that is getting more and more aggressive and violent.

They form a minority but a really fucking noisy and scary one.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari
    Likes Xann, Hive liked this post

Senior Member Array

I feel all of the feels. Feel sauce, feel salad, feel sandwich.
    Likes themightyfetus, Qlip, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    I feel all of the feels. Feel sauce, feel salad, feel sandwich.
    Feel sandwich. Gross.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I am really not a fan of Lady Gaga, but her new character in AHS is absolutly georgues. I think she's my new girl crush
    INFP
    Ni>Fi>Ne>Fe>Ti>Si>Te>Se
    socionics NF
    4w3 - 5w6 - 9w8 so/sx

MOTHER FUCKING WATER MELON