User Tag List

Page 5745 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 474552455645569557355743574457455746574757555795584562456745 ... LastLast
Results 57,441 to 57,450 of 67823

Thread: Random Thought Thread

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm paying more attention to my surroundings. It's a nice change of pace.

Americans, what sorts of candy or snacks from your nation would you recommend to foreign nationals? If you could recommend only one what would it be?

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Americans, what sorts of candy or snacks from your nation would you recommend to foreign nationals? If you could recommend only one what would it be?
    Saltwater taffy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've actually done extensive research on this. For your ilk I would recommend the Hershey's Milk & Cookies bar, not, I repeat, not a regular Hershey's bar. People from the Isles universally report that they taste like ass.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I've actually done extensive research on this. For your ilk I would recommend the Hershey's Milk & Cookies bar, not, I repeat, not a regular Hershey's bar. People from the Isles universally report that they taste like ass.
    I'm not as militant as some on the Herseys tastes like shite topic, I dont think its that good but I'll be honest I dont think a lot of UK based choclate tastes that good since they all got bought out by Kraft.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Back when I was living in the US I slowly started to develop a taste for Hersheys, for the lack of available decent alternatives (this was in the mid-90s). They weren't really available on this side of the pont at the time, but years later I tried them again and was shocked! WTF had I been eating?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

GAH, I've just realized that I've stopped being fun since I started taking this coursework seriously!

What can I do to be cool again? I need to get my 7 side back in action again...
    @Chanaynay @Enthusiastic_Dreamer Any suggestions?

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Back when I was living in the US I slowly started to develop a taste for Hersheys, for the lack of available decent alternatives (this was in the mid-90s). They weren't really available on this side of the pont at the time, but years later I tried them again and was shocked! WTF had I been eating?
    They're really bad. Their popularity is one of those things that makes me loose faith in humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    It's pretty easy. Just speak in generalities and be talkative enough that you can steamroll discussion of any errors that have been pointed out.

"Huh, not sure why that happened. But [the rest of your spiel]"

(But all -- please note that telling one how to do something isn't the same thing as advocating that thing.)
    Noted

Usually I have simple policy. If I don't know something , I just say that I don't know, that I'll check this out and give the information later. It's more professional than pretending that I know what I'm talking about. But when I learn to do something or improvise I could use looking more confident and less confused.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    IME the best way to do that is to talk to people without any caveats -- no "as I understand it", no "I could be wrong about this". Just stating what you know, without any ambiguity -- letting that ambiguity be implied.

In other words: don't talk like a woman at a business meeting.
    Dammit, I do it very often. That’s a good advise, I’m sure that I can limit it if I pay attention. Thanks!
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle