User Tag List

Page 5717 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 471752175617566757075715571657175718571957275767581762176717 ... LastLast
Results 57,161 to 57,170 of 67735

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

If citizens aren't armed, how will we start the proletarian revolution?
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Sometimes what we fear and run from causes us to react in a way that causes the very thing we are afraid of.

It's like movies, when you run from the bad guy aimlessly with the purpose of running from him. You fear your life and then end up lost and alone and die anyway. As opposed to running towards what you want. You have a better chance of reaching what you want by running towards it, then you are just by running away from what you dont. Doesn't mean you will reach it, but you have just increased your odds greatly.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    If citizens aren't armed, how will we start the proletarian revolution?
    When King George came to take the founding father's guns, he couldn't. You wanna know why? Because they had guns.

#thinkaboutit
    Likes Qlip liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Sometimes what we fear and run from causes us to react in a way that causes the very thing we are afraid of.

It's like movies, when you run from the bad guy aimlessly with the purpose of running from him. You fear your life and then end up lost and alone and die anyway. As opposed to running towards what you want. You have a better chance of reaching what you want by running towards it, then you are just by running away from what you dont. Doesn't mean you will reach it, but you have just increased your odds greatly.
    "Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true."
    From the movie Point Break.
    Likes Osprey liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    When King George came to take the founding father's guns, he couldn't. You wanna know why? Because they had guns.

#thinkaboutit
    I actually wasn't being sarcastic. I was thought experimenting as left as I could. There's a real point in that. ^^^

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

I suspect citizens being armed with guns would be a nuance for the government, but not prohibitive of it controlling the population. There are much larger mechanisms of control available to the government - especially with biological weapons.

I don't have a conclusive opinion on gun control, but I do know guns aren't enough to ensure one's safety, especially from the government. It would be a more dangerous world if every private citizen had access to all available weapons in the world. It's quite a messy subject because where do you draw the line? Should private citizens have nuclear bombs and vials of small pox? Should they have tanks and nerve gas? Should they have automatic weapons, switch blades, rifles, sticks, rocks? Weapons are on a continuum and the line has to be drawn at some point. So, what is the right point to draw the line? Why is it the right point and how does it make the world safer for individuals? I don't know the answers myself.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

#thinkaboutit
    A friend told me the other night that he read that Russia recently declassified some old war plans for invading the US. According to what he read, the only place they didn't create a plan for was Texas, as they knew it was highly armed.

Always odd to speak to various Texans of all political bents and find out they have a personal arsenal of 100 or so guns.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I actually wasn't being sarcastic. I was thought experimenting as left as I could. There's a real point in that. ^^^
    Nonviolent noncooperation is an oldie but a goodie. If you want to start a proletariat revolt, the most effective thing you can do is...you know, stop being a proletariat. Don't work for someone else when you have the means to benefit both yourself and your immediate community with your skills and labor. Opt out of a system that requires your subjugation to self-perpetuate. It's in their interest to keep you alive and divided. Stand with your brothers and sisters, and will into existence the world as it should be, or at the very least the death of the world that it is now.

The first rule of the game is always to play by your own rules.
    Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Nonviolent noncooperation is an oldie but a goodie. If you want to start a proletariat revolt, the most effective thing you can do is...you know, stop being a proletariat. Don't work for someone else when you have the means to benefit both yourself and your immediate community with your skills and labor. Opt out of a system that requires your subjugation to self-perpetuate. It's in their interest to keep you alive and divided. Stand with your brothers and sisters, and will into existence the world as it should be, or at the very least the death of the world that it is now.

The first rule of the game is always to play by your own rules.
    Until you become a threat to the powers that be. And, ideological threats always look the most frightening. Then you can become a martyr. Change is difficult, imposing change is always essentially violent. If not the death of lives, then for livelihoods, which essentially are one and the same.

The thing with the gun is, real empowerment doesn't actually require firearms. And, I hate gun massacres, but that all that is just a small drop in a bucket compared to what goes on in the U.S. on a daily basis, sanctioned or unsanctioned, and also compared to the violence we all actually have the capacity for as the animals we are. What bothers me is how afraid we seem to be all of the time. How we now expect our governments to do so much for us to the point where the government feels it's best that we shouldn't do anything at all anymore except for keep it running, and by it I mean corporations.

If I hear one more time I'm the only person who ever requested something be done differently than everyone else, I'm going to shout "bullshit" in the phone.