User Tag List

Page 5684 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 468451845584563456745682568356845685568656945734578461846684 ... LastLast
Results 56,831 to 56,840 of 67681

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    NA

Thanks for educating me on the apparent uses of money :p. There's a difference between using money to balance everything out and keep resources high and regarding it as a basic requirement for living. If a fisher has no money, he has no choice but to pay with fish, but the government requires people to either pay money or to die on the streets. I don't really see that aspect of money as helping society, so perhaps a bartering system can be implemented along with currency, so that money is the official currency, but one can sell their resources or trade for other resources if they need to and the government can simply tax people for whatever they can give that is transportable without going bad. What I'm trying to say is that in a perfect society, everything is negotiable and there is no set way to do things. People that want to have a set way of doing things can start their own organized club or group and the rest of society will be free.
    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    No, you wouldn't end up with an idyllic utopia of people wisely using resources to help each other. You would end up with a scenario more resembling Mad Max or zombie apocalypse.

Money serves two very important purposes. 1) It makes it easier to exchange goods to get what you need, since finding the 10 chickens your neighbor needs is kind of tricky, but finding $10 is easy. 2) It lets people know what NEEDS are being unmet (absent credit bubbles and similar monetary phenomena, which is a very tangential topic).

The reason your grocery store has EXACTLY what you need is because the fact that people PAY for "this" instead of "that" tells them what to stock on the shelves. Money keeps all of this smooth and easy.

All the problems you associate with money are the exact problems that money solves for the most part: things are naturally scarce. Money doesn't address ALL scarcity problems, though, and of course people try to take advantage of the monetary system, which is its own set of problems. The main takeaway I intend for you is to realize that while using money implies that we have the kinds of abuses committed by big corporations and so on, a world that doesn't use money would instead have warlords raiding your idyllic utopian village and taking all your stuff. At least big corporations are forced to sell things that people actually want for the most part.

Oh, and one last thing, it isn't "Money is the root of all evil." It's "The love of money is the root of all [or all kinds of] evil." (Timothy 6:10)

Oɴᴇ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀ Tɪᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

I'm so tired all the damn time. I can sleep for 13 hours and wake up just as exhausted as when I went to sleep. I hate waking up late. It makes me feel like I've wasted to day which then makes me feel even worse. I hate this.

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see
    I can keep it from the world
    Why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

I miss @Elfboy

Likes five sounds, chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

MARINA DIAMANDIS LIKED AND COMMENTED MY PAINTINGS ON INSTAGRAM I'M SO HAPPYYYYY.

Personality traits: a summary by Yar'Chun
    Introverted - Independent bitch
    Extraverted - Weak
    Intuitive - Creative 4th dimension spacelord
    Sensing - Dumb
    Feeling - Such confused wow
    Thinking - Smart
    Judjing - Nel mio intimo c'è Chilly
    Perceiving - Oooh butterflies

Likes uumlau, Osprey liked this post

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Likes uumlau, Hard, Cygnus, Ivy, Kas and 4 others liked this post

MBTI
    eSTP

Hopes were ruined, the main water line is copper and not PVC. Gotta look up ways to fix. Have a piece of rubber clamped around pipe for now so I can let the area dry out without having to go without water. I have everything needed to sweat a new splice in. Just hoping for something simpler.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Hopes were ruined, the main water line is copper and not PVC. Gotta look up ways to fix. Have a piece of rubber clamped around pipe for now so I can let the area dry out without having to go without water. I have everything needed to sweat a new splice in. Just hoping for something simpler.
    plumbing is filled with disappointments... in so many ways
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Osprey, Poki liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

SKJFGHSKFGBA!

I can't go to the concert tomorrow. It's sold out. I should've ordered tickets earlier, but I'm VERY, VERY DUMB.

I'm gonna go sit in the corner. Don't worry; I'll wear a dunce cap.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Currently sitting in a room with seven other Fe doms. Six of them are 18 year old girls. As you would imagine, it's quite loud in here.
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes Osprey, N/A, Hard, uumlau, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

You know what's happening. Aww, yeah.
    Likes miss fortune, Evee, Ivy liked this post