User Tag List

Page 5683 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 468351835583563356735681568256835684568556935733578361836683 ... LastLast
Results 56,821 to 56,830 of 67739

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    NA

lol that's awesome. I always viewed money as an obstacle for the perfect world as well. What if someone doesn't have money, but has fish. Are you going to turn down their basic needs and a food resource because he cannot pay with worthless green paper. Money as a concept is absolutely worthless, until you turn it into something, which takes away the point of money altogether. the world would be better off if we went back to bartering where there doesn't have to be a thousand unnecessary steps, and people can just pay in what they produce in their trade. Whenever I make minecraft servers with an organized government, the first thing I do is take away any sort of currency, or if there must be a currency, trade any for it or trade it for anything based on it's worth. Another obstacle I see in the creation of a perfect world is that people are judged based on numbers rather than actual ability. In today's society, things are all about money, looks, and age, and that just doesn't seem right. So also in my minecraft servers I take away the number thing and make people take a test to calculate their overall ability and offer training classes rather than traditional education. I think education should be active and allow people to brainstorm and be creative rather than making it all about sitting around and listening to a teacher lecture about boring and inefficient stuff and then damn anybody that doesn't have a certain way of thinking. There's a lot of things I would change, but the common belief is that whatever works shouldn't be tinkered with, so it's be impossible to start a revolution for change without overthrowing the government and forcing people to make it happen, which I would never do for any amount of change unless society was completely terrible. lol sorry for the long rant. I'm glad to have found someone that thinks like me

- - - Updated - - -

whoops sorry @Destiny , forgot to quote. just mentioning you so you don't think I'm ignoring you.
    Likes Destiny liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

It's not "money" that is an obstacle to a "perfect world". It's scarcity. Money is the means of measurement of scarcity. Getting rid of money would be kind of like getting rid of math.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    NA

yes and what I was suggesting is that instead of throwing money in a safe and back into circulation in order to start projects, people could simplify it and just use the resources in front of them and scarcity would start to disappear. I think the problem is that people use resources to back money instead of using money as a resource and people use money as a measurement of power instead of something that could possibly be useful to the common good. Math is a concept that can't be tangibly changed, but at any time we could easily change the currency to waffles or something else or even start up a trading system so that people don't all have to use the same currency. Not that implementing a different system would completely erase scarcity, but it would help, because basically what I look at in governmental books is so complicated, it's pathetic. president's use gold to back currency instead of making it into jewelry? You might as well make the gold into coins and use that as a currency, because at least it would have more than one use than buying and you could melt it down into something that can be used by the general public. the only people I see being affected by the lack of money would be those poor rich people that would have to actually work to find a new way to identify themselves. what would you think would be a great way to reduce scarcity? finding new ways to supply energy and produce food would be a vital step, but then again the concept of money gets in the way of that because it costs people money to start up a project. maybe money isn't the problem, maybe it's the laws causing money to be the minimal requirement to do anything in the world, but anyways, what would you think? I'm open to any insights that might be better than my suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    It's not "money" that is an obstacle to a "perfect world". It's scarcity. Money is the means of measurement of scarcity. Getting rid of money would be kind of like getting rid of math.

I seriously think I am caught in a loop, and it's screwing me over so badly...

All I've been doing is eat, shit, sleep repeat lately. I have no energy for nothing.

I can just about accomplish my plans for the day...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

The only thing I want for Christmas is a sexy saxagram.

Senior Member Array
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    I seriously think I am caught in a loop, and it's screwing me over so badly...

All I've been doing is eat, shit, sleep repeat lately. I have no energy for nothing.

I can just about accomplish my plans for the day...
    LOL

*Does exactly what I would do on a normal day* "It's screwing me over so badly"

me = and :offended:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
    LOL

*Does exactly what I would do on a normal day* "It's screwing me over so badly"

me =
    It is, really. I'm usually a lot more hyped up and less tired and never eat as much shit as I have been lately.

It seems like my Se is trying to creep out an' punch me on the face. Hard.

Senior Member Array
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    It is, really. I'm usually a lot more hyped up and less tired and never eat as much shit as I have been lately.

It seems like my Se is trying to creep out an' punch me on the face. Hard.
    Awwhh. I'm sorry, then! Well all I can do is remind you that you have yet to drink your coffee. So go do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
    Awwhh. I'm sorry, then! Well all I can do is remind you that you have yet to drink your coffee. So go do that.
    I already had 3 cups today... now all I wanna do is lay down and listen to music

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Flybylikeahurricane View Post
    yes and what I was suggesting is that instead of throwing money in a safe and back into circulation in order to start projects, people could simplify it and just use the resources in front of them and scarcity would start to disappear. I think the problem is that people use resources to back money instead of using money as a resource and people use money as a measurement of power instead of something that could possibly be useful to the common good.
    No, you wouldn't end up with an idyllic utopia of people wisely using resources to help each other. You would end up with a scenario more resembling Mad Max or zombie apocalypse.

I'm open to any insights that might be better than my suggestions.
    Money serves two very important purposes. 1) It makes it easier to exchange goods to get what you need, since finding the 10 chickens your neighbor needs is kind of tricky, but finding $10 is easy. 2) It lets people know what NEEDS are being unmet (absent credit bubbles and similar monetary phenomena, which is a very tangential topic).

The reason your grocery store has EXACTLY what you need is because the fact that people PAY for "this" instead of "that" tells them what to stock on the shelves. Money keeps all of this smooth and easy.

All the problems you associate with money are the exact problems that money solves for the most part: things are naturally scarce. Money doesn't address ALL scarcity problems, though, and of course people try to take advantage of the monetary system, which is its own set of problems. The main takeaway I intend for you is to realize that while using money implies that we have the kinds of abuses committed by big corporations and so on, a world that doesn't use money would instead have warlords raiding your idyllic utopian village and taking all your stuff. At least big corporations are forced to sell things that people actually want for the most part.

Oh, and one last thing, it isn't "Money is the root of all evil." It's "The love of money is the root of all [or all kinds of] evil." (Timothy 6:10)
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Osprey, N/A liked this post