User Tag List

Page 5670 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 467051705570562056605668566956705671567256805720577061706670 ... LastLast
Results 56,691 to 56,700 of 67734

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Senior Member Array evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Yes, but you were also saying you "can't flirt" and I was pointing out why: you cut him off at the knees. It's like Jerry MacGuire, except instead of "You had me at 'hello'" it's "You shot me down at 'Hi!'". You actually need to give people a chance to be themselves, first.

For the longest time I hated "small talk". (The cultural phenomenon, not the computer language!) People wanted to talk about the STUPIDEST things, in my opinion, conversations with no point, about things I couldn't care less. Now, I'm not saying that there still aren't certain ways people use small talk that make me want to stab out my eyes with a pencil, BUT as often as not, just giving them a moment to chat about trivial things is like the keys to the Kingdom of Good Conversation, and they warm up a bit and the topic changes to something they care about other than the weather. The small talk builds up a small about of "connection" at which point THEN you can get to the interesting, clever and meaningful stuff.

Only NTs ever seem to need this advice.
    that doesnt make sense.

Does small talk really impress the majority? Do people really think. "WOW, the weather is nice over in boresville? and he enjoys long walks?! THATS SO EXCITING"

Also, why would I want to waste my time "warming up" with someone for an hour with small talk, then find out we arnt compabedble. wouldnt it make more sense for me to "jump the gun." I dont want to give someone Im talking to a sense of security, thinking that I'm someone Im not. I dont put smilie faces on the end of sentences to be cute, or say lol, or say thank you when you shallowly compliment me. I dont beat around the bush, or play fair for your comfort.

Isnt that what small talk is? Making the other person comfortable? If so, then that isnt really me. By allowing them to get comfortable, Im not being "myself" in a way. I dont want to waste thier time either. Making them think "oh, this girl is normal." and then after meeting me they are like "shit. what the hell."

Real life, sure. Ill do small talk, because there is body language, tone of voice, sentence structure for me to read and guess whats appropriate and whats not. Online? All I have is my words. That's the only thing I have to my advantage. If you can keep up with word play. Great. f you are a sport about it, Fantastic.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

A carpenter knows the properties of a hammer and a screwdriver, and he knows how, when, and where to use them most effectively. Likewise, a manager should probably know how to work with people, as individuals, in that same fashion.

Sure, he got the screw into the plank by hammering it in. But.. yeah.. he also cracked the wood in the process.

And watching that carpenter work is like gawking at a traffic accident.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    I want a cool signature like @Hard's but that requires a level of forthrightness that I'm, frankly, incapable of sustaining without a super motivating reason.

How my dreams fracture and crumble before me!
    Don't give up. You can just make up a bunch of shit and slap it in your sig.

edit: wait, his is nice and colorful and organized. Maybe your dreams are fucked.
    J. Scott Crothers

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Don't give up. You can just make up a bunch of shit and slap it in your sig.

edit: wait, his is nice and colorful and organized. Maybe your dreams are fucked.
    Fwiw, you have my favorite signature in the forums. Mostly because, for years, whenever you've posted, I've imagined that it was the puppy in your avatar speaking. And now, I have a whole backstory that the puppy is sleepy because he's worked so hard to get all his puppy degrees and puppy certification, while still being CEO of his own puppy life coaching business.

That puppy is my role model.

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Fwiw, you have my favorite signature in the forums. Mostly because, for years, whenever you've posted, I've imagined that it was the puppy in your avatar speaking. And now, I have a whole backstory that the puppy is sleepy because he's worked so hard to get all his puppy degrees and puppy certification, while still being CEO of his own puppy life coaching business.

That puppy is my role model.

Aww

Pretty sure this is the longest I've ever kept an avatar on any forum, ever. Quite a few times, I've posted a thing, then looked at the post and the puppy and just fuckin smirked at the juxtaposition. Sometimes, though, there is no juxtaposition. (It's all very zen.)

Puppy's a pretty shitty life coach, though, on account of how he just now directly told someone that their hopes and dreams are completely fucked.
    J. Scott Crothers

- Elevenetics
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Pretty sure this is the longest I've ever kept an avatar on any forum, ever.
    <Self-proclaimed avatar-keeping champion of the forum.

Y'all are fickle avatar-changing fools!
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~
    Likes Wind Up Rex, Jaguar liked this post

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    <Self-proclaimed avatar-keeping champion of the forum.
    Oh yeah.

We can't all be like you, but we can aspire to be.
    J. Scott Crothers

- Elevenetics
    Likes Patches liked this post

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Oh yeah.

We can't all be like you, but we can aspire to be.
    It's good to have goals in life.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

I like ice cream Array Enthusiastic_Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'd love to change my username to something a little less wordy. Something shrunk down to one word, even if it's not a real word. But I have NOWHERE to even begin thinking up of names. I have far too many interests to be able to just say ok, I like anime, I like this particular anime, I like this particular character, then relate it to me to make it personal, and bam, I have a username. Nope, I have too many interests to be able to narrow it down like that. I'm up for suggestions. But ya, Enthusiastic_Dreamer was nice at first since I wanted something to capture my outlook on life, but seeing it tagged here, pasted on posts that I liked there, ugh! It's just not very aesthetically pleasing to my eye.
    A mind wanders as does the soul

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams".
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

"I or E: NF or ENTP, you'll always be ARET to me. Ambiverting, Rational thinking, Emoting, and Trailblazing since the 90's"
    -Cloudpatrol

Love you Clouds!

Nirvana is stuck in my head. I blame @Evee for this.
    Likes Evee liked this post