User Tag List

Page 5666 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 466651665566561656565664566556665667566856765716576661666666 ... LastLast
Results 56,651 to 56,660 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #56651
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I was going to ask you about blogs, you said you'd started a couple of different ones, I was going to maybe start one here but I'm thinking about starting one off site too.
    Yep, I blog here, it's mostly just me offloading my thoughts here. I've done some blogging outside of this little walled garden, but not consistently. I think real blogging requires that and also self promotion and such. I'm not great at those things although I've been thinking about giving it another go.
    Likes Osprey liked this post

  2. #56652
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    @Cygnus Welcome back.
    Likes Cygnus, Yamato Nadeshiko liked this post

  3. #56653
    Narcissus Array Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    I am conflicted about unconditional love.

    Is it real? Innate or manufactured?
    Is it ideal? Misguided martyrs vs cynical egocentrics?
    If conditional is fair, which conditions are fair?

    I should make a thread on this. Also, after Whoopi is Jaden Smith but I need to work on my caps skill first.
    Likes Qlip liked this post

  4. #56654
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    I'm not going to the amusement park, there's a 50% chance of Steve Aoki throwing cake at me.

  5. #56655
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    I am conflicted about unconditional love.

    Is it real? Innate or manufactured?
    Is it ideal? Misguided martyrs vs cynical egocentrics?
    If conditional is fair, which conditions are fair?

    I should make a thread on this. Also, after Whoopi is Jaden Smith but I need to work on my caps skill first.
    There was a thread made on this a while ago.

    Personally, I do not think unconditional love exists. For those who claim for it to exist are lying. There is ALWAYS a condition, nearly all of them are conditions that can change. There are some where the conditions can't change so it's effectively unconditional, but not literally true.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

  6. #56656
    Happy Dancer Array uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    There was a thread made on this a while ago.

    Personally, I do not think unconditional love exists. For those who claim for it to exist are lying. There is ALWAYS a condition, nearly all of them are conditions that can change. There are some where the conditions can't change so it's effectively unconditional, but not literally true.
    I would say that unconditional love exists, but it's not an emotion - it's an attitude.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

  7. #56657
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    I really dislike rereading old posts of mine. Feels weird. Like a totally different person.
    but it was less than a year ago at most. i mean perhaps,

    it depends on the post for me sometimes I'm like oh god and cover my face

    other times i'm like oh wow past me was awesome.
    by @magpie
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

  8. #56658
    Seal Down Array Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    7,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I would say that unconditional love exists, but it's not an emotion - it's an attitude.
    If it's an attitude, sure I'd be a little more inclined to think so. Even so I'll give an example.

    A child: Parents love their kids because they're their kids. The fact that they're their kids is still a condition. A non-changing one, but a condition nonetheless.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Osprey liked this post

  9. #56659
    Narcissus Array Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    There was a thread made on this a while ago.
    Awesome. Saves me trouble from having to do it myself.

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    but it was less than a year ago at most. i mean perhaps,

    it depends on the post for me sometimes I'm like oh god and cover my face

    other times i'm like oh wow past me was Awesome
    I think it feels weird because I forget why I said it. Sometimes you say weird shit for a reason but when you can't remember the reason so all you're left with is something pretty odd. And sometimes I realize where things I've said didn't match what I thought I said or wanted to say or the topic. And them there are those typos that completely change the meaning of what you were saying but it was posted a month ago so now it's too late to change it.

    But yeah, the "omg that was great" moments do help make up for the other ones.

  10. #56660
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Awesome. Saves me trouble from having to do it myself.



    I think it feels weird because I forget why I said it. Sometimes you say weird shit for a reason but when you can't remember the reason so all you're left with is something pretty odd. And sometimes I realize where things I've said didn't match what I thought I said or wanted to say or the topic. And them there are those typos that completely change the meaning of what you were saying but it was posted a month ago so now it's too late to change it.

    But yeah, the "omg that was great" moments do help make up for the other ones.
    yeah it's worse when someone 'attacks you' and you're like dude i don't remember why i said that, and you try and bs cuz they won't stop and expect you to remember things you said 3 years ago, and usually don't a week after and end up making it worse.
    by @magpie
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 628
    Last Post: Today, 04:18 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO