User Tag List

Page 5629 of 6777 FirstFirst ... 462951295529557956195627562856295630563156395679572961296629 ... LastLast
Results 56,281 to 56,290 of 67762

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I appreciate your open mindedness and rationality.
    Thank you. My Ni and Ti are very close to each other now, that is whenever I do get an intuition though, I at least have one source taken from sub/unconscious to readily attach to, understanding my biases as well as I state them. Hence it is why I am moved to explain myself always, which will keep the mods and INTJ's generally happy.
    [Interviewer: "What was it like to be defined by being beautiful?"]
    Connelly: "It's uncomfortable to talk about - there's no way to come off right! If you say you are beautiful, you sound obnoxious, and if you deny it, doesn't that sound obnoxious?"
    Likes Ivy, Evee liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Heidegger's philosophy sounds like it's all about the joys of being totally absorbed in the community, and giving up everything. Political ramifications of that aside, I tried that multiple times, and it did not work for me.
    I'm confused. I never got any of that from him, personally.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm confused. I never got any of that from him, personally.
    Here's what I found:

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Drohan
    "[To Heidegger] 'subject' means submission to the community. The more that the individual identifies with the community, the more of a true being he becomes."

Quote Originally Posted by Heidegger
    "The accent [that I place] on the community in opposition to the egotism of the individual is not ... the overcoming of subjectivism but indeed its fulfillment."
    Whether that relates to Nazi ideology or not, I'm someone that's always felt like an outsider, and I'm pretty sure I'll always feel like an outsider. If these are accurate summations of Heidegger, Heidegger is fundamentally against my "being."
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

"[To Heidegger] 'subject' means submission to the community. The more that the individual identifies with the community, the more of a true being he becomes."

:rofl:

I don't know who said that but I question whether he even read Heidegger, lol.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

:rofl:

I don't know who said that but I question whether he even read Heidegger, lol.
    You said yourself that you find Heidegger mystifying, which suggests that you don't really understand Heidegger, either.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You said yourself that you find Heidegger mystifying, which suggests that you don't really understand Heidegger, either.
    Look mate, I'm not going to bicker with you. You say this isn't personal for you but I feel like there is some weird tension behind all of your posts or something.

I'm not going to talk to you about this anymore if this is how you're going to be, Vulcan.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Look mate, I'm not going to bicker with you. You say this isn't personal for you but I feel like there is some weird tension behind all of your posts or something.

I'm not going to talk to you about this anymore if this is how you're going to be, Vulcan.
    Then this is the way it will have to be. I'm trying to help you, I wish you would understand that.
    Likes N/A liked this post

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Than this is the way it will have to be. I'm trying to help you, I wish you would understand that.
    What do you mean by help?
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Then this is the way it will have to be. I'm trying to help you, I wish you would understand that.
    And I'm trying to help you, I wish you would realize that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    What do you mean by help?
    Help stop him from going insane.