User Tag List

Page 5627 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 462751275527557756175625562656275628562956375677572761276627 ... LastLast
Results 56,261 to 56,270 of 67816

Thread: Random Thought Thread

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post

P.S.: Heidegger probably understood Nietzsche better than any one. He used to give lectures on him and he had written essays about him. Heidegger went beyond Nietzsche.
    Spinoza went beyond Nietzsche. Nietzsche recognized Spinoza as a predecessor, but couldn't quite grasp what he was getting at. I really didn't even have to read very much of Spinoza at all. I just read about his life, and it occurred to me that I probably already know everything I need to know.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Spinoza went beyond Nietzsche. Nietzsche recognized Spinoza as a predecessor, but couldn't quite grasp it.
    What do you like about Spinoza exactly? I know a little about him but I don't really have a comment on your post.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I really didn't even have to read very much of Spinoza at all. I just read about his life, and it occurred to me that I probably already know everything I need to know.
    Yeah, exactly lol. I haven't read his work either, actually. But I know.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

What do you like about Spinoza exactly? I know a little about him but I don't really have a comment on your post.
    I like that he was such a swell guy that nobody had anything to complain about him for, except for his bizarre views. People would have certainly loved to dig up dirt on him and find something to use against him, being the ultimate heretic of heretics, but nobody really could.

Celebrity Types INFJ

Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I like that he was such a swell guy that nobody had anything to complain about him for, except for his bizarre views. People would have certainly loved to dig up dirt on him and find something to use against him, being the ultimate heretic of heretics, but nobody really could.

Celebrity Types INFJ

Celebrity types has Heidegger typed as ISTJ. That's wrong.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Celebrity types has Heidegger typed as ISTJ. That's wrong.
    It very well may be, but you should ask yourself why you prefer Heidegger to Spinoza.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

It very well may be, but you should ask yourself why you prefer Heidegger to Spinoza.

Because I am mystified by him and I don't find Spinoza all that interesting.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Because I am mystified by him and I don't find Spinoza all that interesting.
    Well, I tried.

You're on your own.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Well, I tried.

You're on your own.
    As if I didn't know that already. By the way, I was not aware you were 'trying' anything. Now I'm confused.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

As if I didn't know that already. By the way, I was not aware you were 'trying' anything. Now I'm confused.
    You say you want to open this forum up so people discuss ideas, but routinely bash people who seem too "egoistic" about it. Nobody will want to discuss ideas in such a climate. If you truly want people to discuss ideas, Spinoza is a good person to emulate. Heidegger seems like a terrible person to emulate.

That's all I have left to say to you.