User Tag List

Page 5607 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 460751075507555755975605560656075608560956175657570761076607 ... LastLast
Results 56,061 to 56,070 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #56061
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    I can feel the darkness consume me, I wasn’t always this way. No, once a long time ago I was good. I was going to change the world, I cared for people. I still do care for people, that hasn’t changed that will never change. No matter how much I want it to. But instead of thinking the answer is to help people, I often feel the answer is to destroy. That true happiness or peace is not in this world but rather the next. I hate it, I hate that I know that truth. Because I don’t want to kill anyone, I want happiness and peace to exist in this world. But it can’t, only an allusion of happiness. Which for most is great they have not seen it for what it is. Or they have but can lie to themselves. I have seen it, yet I cannot lie to myself about it. And me, remembering this is what keeps me from going over the edge. The fact that people do believe that true happiness and peace exist in this world, and I’m happy for them I really am. But just because I’m happy for others does not mean I am actually happy. I feel my heart is crusted with a black rock and I can feel it trying to break that rock, but I know it won’t happen in this life. I don’t want to be evil, but I am. It sucks, sorry. I want to be good again, but at this point I doubt it is possible. Please please please, if you’re happy. Please never discover the truth. Don’t seek it. As tempting as it may be, trust me it is not worth it. The truth will corrupt you, it will make you into something you hate. I know people won’t listen to me, and will seek the truth and some will find it. Those will end up like me. Others will think they’ve found and they will be happy. If you do seek the truth I hope you end up like the second group. I realize 90% of you are going to disagree with me, and that is actually a good thing. In this instance anyways.
    by @magpie
    Likes N/A liked this post

  2. #56062
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I can feel the darkness consume me, I wasn’t always this way. No, once a long time ago I was good. I was going to change the world, I cared for people. I still do care for people, that hasn’t changed that will never change. No matter how much I want it to. But instead of thinking the answer is to help people, I often feel the answer is to destroy. That true happiness or peace is not in this world but rather the next. I hate it, I hate that I know that truth. Because I don’t want to kill anyone, I want happiness and peace to exist in this world. But it can’t, only an allusion of happiness. Which for most is great they have not seen it for what it is. Or they have but can lie to themselves. I have seen it, yet I cannot lie to myself about it. And me, remembering this is what keeps me from going over the edge. The fact that people do believe that true happiness and peace exist in this world, and I’m happy for them I really am. But just because I’m happy for others does not mean I am actually happy. I feel my heart is crusted with a black rock and I can feel it trying to break that rock, but I know it won’t happen in this life. I don’t want to be evil, but I am. It sucks, sorry. I want to be good again, but at this point I doubt it is possible. Please please please, if you’re happy. Please never discover the truth. Don’t seek it. As tempting as it may be, trust me it is not worth it. The truth will corrupt you, it will make you into something you hate. I know people won’t listen to me, and will seek the truth and some will find it. Those will end up like me. Others will think they’ve found and they will be happy. If you do seek the truth I hope you end up like the second group. I realize 90% of you are going to disagree with me, and that is actually a good thing. In this instance anyways.
    Non being may, in one sense, be more ideal than Being, but happiness is only made possible by Being.

  3. #56063
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Non being may, in one sense, be more ideal than Being, but happiness is only made possible by Being.
    that's not true, that i exactly what i was refering to. but you are clearly part of the 2nd group. so that's a good thing.
    by @magpie

  4. #56064
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that's not true, that i exactly what i was refering to. but you are clearly part of the 2nd group. so that's a good thing.
    You can't be happy or sad if you do not exist. To care is to Be.
    Likes Kas liked this post

  5. #56065
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    You can't be happy or sad if you do not exist. To care is to Be.
    i never said anything about existing or not. i said that true happiness in this world does not exist, but rather the next. i do not get where you're getting existing vs not existing. dead vs alive is not the same thing, just two different states of being.
    by @magpie

  6. #56066
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i never said anything about existing or not. i said that true happiness in this world does not exist, but rather the next. i do not get where you're getting existing vs not existing. dead vs alive is not the same thing, just two different states of being.
    Death is not a state of Being, it is a possibility.

  7. #56067
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Death is not a state of Being, it is a possibility.
    it is a state of being. i've seen ghosts i've felt their presence, that is a state of being. do ghosts stay ghosts? I dunno i've never been ghost.
    by @magpie

  8. #56068
    Fabula rasa Array Kas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    I think that not caring is the worst thing one can do. I tried once and it doesn't lead anywhere.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle


    Likes Evee liked this post

  9. #56069
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it is a state of being. i've seen ghosts i've felt their presence, that is a state of being. do ghosts stay ghosts? I dunno i've never been ghost.
    Death cannot be experienced because when death is, you are not, and when you are, death is not.

    Death is the possibility of the impossibility of Being.

    And it is impossible to be happy if there is no Being because happiness is a way in which we exist.

  10. #56070
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Death cannot be experienced because when death is, you are not, and when you are, death is not.

    Death is the possibility of the impossibility of Being.

    And it is impossible to be happy if there is no Being because happiness is a way in which we exist.
    you clearly aren't getting it. i'm not here to change people's beliefs. so please stop trying to change mine. especially when you're actually not understanding.
    by @magpie

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 626
    Last Post: Yesterday, 08:54 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO