User Tag List

Page 5528 of 6763 FirstFirst ... 452850285428547855185526552755285529553055385578562860286528 ... LastLast
Results 55,271 to 55,280 of 67626

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That is thoroughly disheartening. *drops out of grad school in hopes of one day finding love*
    “We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.” - Leslie Knope

"Nothing lasts forever, some things aren't meant to be. But you'll never find the answers 'til you set your old heart free."

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

Likes EJCC liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    istp
    Enneagram
    gvf
    Socionics
    gfxd Ni

I bet Sean Penn has a small penis
    Likes Qlip liked this post

I don't want to know.
    And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country . . . wait, this is 2016.
    Likes Osprey liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    That is thoroughly disheartening. *drops out of grad school in hopes of one day finding love*
    Excellent priorities.

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Showbread liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I find myself with an urge to make a web cartoon named Battlestar Galaga, just so that it exists.
    Likes cascadeco, Mad Hatter liked this post

I wonder how I would even begin to go about the goal of forging a long sword.
    Likes Alaska liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I wonder how I would even begin to go about the goal of forging a long sword.
    Pay someone to do it: Kult Of Athena - swords, axes, maces, flails, and other medieval weapons
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Reddit Anon
    My daughter has depression. She's always been the black sheep of the family; the one daughter closer to me than their mom. She'd rather lay around and listen to Metal than go out with her sisters, and would rather go on a hike than shopping. Still, sometimes she does and wants things that I just don't get. I think a lot of the quirks come from the depression, and that's just hard to deal with sometimes. And it means she has needs, and it takes a special kind of person to deal with that correctly. She's my little girl, and I want only the best for her.

So then here comes this scruffy-faced, long-haired kid. When you talk to him you feel like you're talking to Plato in the flesh, but his school performance is less than stellar. He has a terrible work ethic, as far as I can tell. He was smart, but I just felt like he was destined to have no real-world success whatsoever. But I paid attention, because my daughter's not stupid, and I figured that there must be some reason she chose this guy.

Soon it became very apparent why. He gets her, and damned if it doesn't seem almost supernatural sometimes. She can be having a very bad day with the depression, but not long after she's with him she's laughing. And it's obvious he loves her, just from the way he talks to her, and looks at her - not in a lustful way, but in a caring way. I asked "Why him?" and she explained to me that for some reason, around him she feels calm and happy. She said that even when they first met, she could talk to him for hours and hours without getting tired at all, like she did with most people after a few minutes. They have this "dynamic" about them as well. She's practical and straightforward, with her feet on the ground. He's thoughtful and abstract, head in the sky. Together, they seem to keep each other in line. In fact, the whole way they operated reminded me of an old married couple.

And there's something just so damned likeable about the guy. You get a sense of honesty, integrity, and a healthy dose of idealism when you talk to him. He talks about how he wants to make the world a better place, and just by the way he says it you almost believe that he really could. So maybe against my better judgement, he got my seal of approval. My daughter wouldn't be happy with a someone practical, really. She needs someone like that, he makes her happy, and I think that's best for her.
    This was a topic of discussion on reddit asking fathers how they feel about their daughter's boyfriends. I don't have much thoughts on the matter. It's just one of those things I feel like I "get."

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Hmm, that's not what I had in mind. Thanks though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Hmm, that's not what I had in mind. Thanks though.
    I know. But there are some great youtube videos showing a bit of what it's like. Not enough detail to learn, but enough to get a feel for it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNuEDtnVdeM
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.