User Tag List

Page 5475 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 447549755375542554655473547454755476547754855525557559756475 ... LastLast
Results 54,741 to 54,750 of 67840

Thread: Random Thought Thread

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I saw them last time I was there, but in March when they were kind of wrapping up and there were lots of dead butterflies on the ground, so I'm hoping to catch them earlier this time. That's insane that it took them so long to catch on. for the people who live there, there's no missing them. It's truly amazing how many were there even during the slow time.
    It's something I would love to see. I'd also like to go there for the Day of the Dead celebrations someday. That would be awesome.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes five sounds liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I am not playing forum revolutionary. If you want to change things, do it yourself. I'm not foolish enough to assume that people are on my side. Nobody's altogether on my side. Don't assume that I trust any of you just because you're angry at the status quo. Put something on the line already.
    Who are you and what have you done with Vulcan?

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Vulcan?
    I'm just feeling kind of jaded right now. It will probably pass.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

When this happened every single follicle of hair was ripped from Ariana Grande's scalp and her peanut butter filled mouth.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN None

I've noticed an influx of new people. Or at least they're new to me. And/or there are more former lurkers. Whatever; it doesn't feel like the same-old, same-old to me. Looks like we have more self-identified Sensors on board. I haven't seen much of that whole "hurf durf N > S" bullshit recently, and there's been a pretty balanced perspective overall. Thank the Lord Jesus Christ Almighty; we might actually learn something from one another.

I'm also sure that we can all usually get by with just assuming that our interlocutors know that types are just constructs and people aren't their types and that stereotypes aren't universally true and that we're often just talking in generalities and also everyone is special and factors other than typology like our culture or childhood play into our identity and behaviors and so on and so forth etc. etc. to infinity and beyond forever. Usually, the whole point all about discovering nuances in personalities, right?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes EJCC, Qlip, N/A liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Every time I see a new teenage member make a "type me" thread:

/notsorry
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Oh, be nice. You know what they say, it takes a village.

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I've noticed an influx of new people. Or at least they're new to me. And/or there are more former lurkers. Whatever; it doesn't feel like the same-old, same-old to me. Looks like we have more self-identified Sensors on board. I haven't seen much of that whole "hurf durf N > S" bullshit recently, and there's been a pretty balanced perspective overall. Thank the Lord Jesus Christ Almighty; we might actually learn something from one another.

I'm also sure that we can all usually get by with just assuming that our interlocutors know that types are just constructs and people aren't their types and that stereotypes aren't universally true and that we're often just talking in generalities and also everyone is special and factors other than typology like our culture or childhood play into our identity and behaviors and so on and so forth etc. etc. to infinity and beyond forever. Usually, the whole point all about discovering nuances in personalities, right?
    Huh, I almost think that there has been a bit more of that lately. New members coming on here pretending to be completely open about the possibilities for their type, when really they don't want to hear anything much beyond that they are obviously intuitive, special, and any and all of their issues are caused because the rest of the world just isn't able to accomodate them with their antiquated and sensor normative ideologies. And while the second point might be true, because of how much the first is stressed it is almost dangerous to validate.

And not all get so far, but it comes up more than occasionally, and that is where it spreads, couple matches huge uncontrollable fire. Stereotypes, special snowflakism, all of that. While their might be positive, honest, and valid contributions- for the most part it just serves to further the ego of type. But some just want self satisfaction. They come in and start a thread like- what kind of INXX type am I? Reason why they couldn't possibly be a sensor, standard answers supporting their preconcieved notion of a type, cherry picking what they like and don't, sort of... taking away from what a type is, what is behind it. But it is the way I guess, to want the 'best' reflected on you. And that for most people still is being an intuitive type.

And that in and of itself really doesn't help with getting away the intuitive against sensor pissing domination. Not blaming, as got to start somewhere, but I don't think anything with the new memvers is anything positively remarkable. It's sometimes subtle, and occasionally their might be a token sensor validation for others sentiment, but...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Every time I see a new teenage member make a "type me" thread:[/video]

/notsorry
    Trixie was my favorite character. Maybe that's why I'm so open about my love of attention when I make type me threads.

(Also Sharpay from High School Musical was always my favorite - I can't believe people hated her back when we were all kids. I'm glad my good taste has stuck into adulthood)

The ones that irk me the most are from people who rack up like 100 posts and are like "hey, I've been around here for a while - does anyone have any insights on my type?" But I don't know if that's just teenagers or not. It's just like bitch half the time your posts are impersonal one-liners do you THINK anyone has any substantial thoughts on your type??

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    New members coming on here pretending to be completely open about the possibilities for their type, when really they don't want to hear anything much beyond that they are obviously intuitive, special, and any and all of their issues are caused because the rest of the world just isn't able to accomodate them with their antiquated and sensor normative ideologies.
    I see some of this lately, but I don't think it's a really new phenomenon. It's definitely happened in the past too.

Either way though I'm still pretty content with the stuff @jscrothers mentioned - I like the more balanced population and how everyone is a little more accommodating communication-wise and also there's more discussion about the S/N dichotomy that isn't totally skewed in favor of intuition.

But I still agree with all the stuff that was said in the thread about Nico's departure too; this forum doesn't have as many interesting people anymore as it used to. I've been braindumping a lot here lately but not seeing much substance in return (not necessarily to me, but the conversations in general still peter out pretty easily). What's been really stimulating for me is the Enneagram 7 thread. E7 sharing all their knowledge and speculations with each other = The same sex marriage thread was entertaining I guess though.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Osprey, N/A liked this post

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Trixie was my favorite character. Maybe that's why I'm so open about my love of attention when I make type me threads.

(Also Sharpay from High School Musical was always my favorite - I can't believe people hated her back when we were all kids. I'm glad my good taste has stuck into adulthood)

The ones that irk me the most are from people who rack up like 100 posts and are like "hey, I've been around here for a while - does anyone have any insights on my type?" But I don't know if that's just teenagers or not. It's just like bitch half the time your posts are impersonal one-liners do you THINK anyone has any substantial thoughts on your type??

I see some of this lately, but I don't think it's a really new phenomenon. It's definitely happened in the past too.

Either way though I'm still pretty content with the stuff @jscrothers mentioned - I like the more balanced population and how everyone is a little more accommodating communication-wise and also there's more discussion about the S/N dichotomy that isn't totally skewed in favor of intuition.

But I still agree with all the stuff that was said in the thread about Nico's departure too; this forum doesn't have as many interesting people anymore as it used to. I've been braindumping a lot here lately but not seeing much substance in return (not necessarily to me, but the conversations in general still peter out pretty easily). What's been really stimulating for me is the Enneagram 7 thread. E7 sharing all their knowledge and speculations with each other = The same sex marriage thread was entertaining I guess though.
    Yeah I like lurking there quite a bit. There is some really interesting stuff, some kind of more unique energy, and it actually seems really well moving.

All the threads that are open and based on heavier topics almost just seem like a huge clusterfuck. The same things repeated by the same people, anyone trying to break away from that either being attacked, ignored, redirected, or banned. Same things circulating. But that is just me being sort of cynical. With the presidential election coming up and all that involves that, I would be interested to see how that plays out. A direct platform for many different issues and beliefs, more at the front of everyones mind, everyone wants to show that they are engaged and knowledgable- more pressure applied. Those should be fun threads.

And no not a new thing, but not really new or at least to me significantly new or different from what was before, to really judge as a step forward.
    Likes Osprey liked this post