P.S. LOL @ fuzzy maraca
Thread: Random Thought Thread
08-03-2015, 01:14 PM #54381"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
08-03-2015, 01:34 PM #54382
08-03-2015, 01:41 PM #54383“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman
08-03-2015, 01:45 PM #54384
Last edited by EJCC; 08-03-2015 at 01:46 PM. Reason: different Swanson-ism
08-03-2015, 02:17 PM #54385
08-03-2015, 03:08 PM #54386
08-03-2015, 03:16 PM #54387
Pomeranians always make me think of Walter from the Big Lebowski.Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
08-03-2015, 03:34 PM #54388
I feel like making a list of my own stupidity. Lets do it!
- In a college exam, did every subject in the booklet not realising you had to pick the subject YOU had been taught about all year.
- In a different college exam, forgot what subject it was for, picked one at random then wrote "Sorry forgot my stuff...ah fuck it.
- Rejected a pair of shoes on the openly proclaimed basis that "the inside is smaller than the outside"
- When he wasn't given a spoon for his soup said "My soup is broken"
- Made a slideshow about plastic surgery and had two women on it as examples of plastic surgery too far, one white one black, gestured towards the black one and said "if you abuse plastic surgery you could end up like one of these monkey faced creatures" without looking at what he was gesturing at; hated for entire time there...unsurprisingly.
- Walked into the same lampost twice in the same day
- Tried to do up laces on shoes with neither velcro or laces.
- Went skiing from a resort which required a train trip from the resort to the slope. Got the wrong train and the wrong skis, dashed across with wrong skis realised that they had neither the bright yellow strap like his own did and were a full 3 foot shorter than his own, promptly gave the skis to the guard and ran back for his own skis and to the right train, then realised the skis he had mistakenly picked up of course belonged to someone else and had to be ran back from the guard at the wrong train to where they had originally been picked up from.
- Tried to merge into oncoming traffic while doing a driving lesson because "Oh I forgot you need to check BOTH sides"
- Regularly sends invoices to the wrong customer, with company names that are not remotely similar.
- Often gives people back the money they gave to pay when serving and only occasionally gets an honest customer who gives it back again.
- Ate the reward for a successful quiz in his history class even though he didn't get a single answer right on his winning team because "I didn't realise it was for everyone".
There are many more....'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp
08-03-2015, 03:42 PM #54389
Pretty cool article about pushing language to match how we know the world actually works. Ultimately it's a neat thing to think about, but just the opening to a very deep rabbit hole.
Instead of treating color words as adjectives, we should treat them as adverbs. I eat hurriedly, walk gracelessly, and I see the sky bluely!▵
08-03-2015, 04:37 PM #54390