I wonder what percentage of American members on TypoC are from either California or Texas.
Thread: Random Thought Thread
08-02-2015, 01:35 AM #54331Go to sleep, iguana.
INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
Live and let live will just amount to might makes right
08-02-2015, 02:43 AM #54332
08-02-2015, 06:49 AM #54333
08-02-2015, 07:22 AM #54334
08-02-2015, 09:26 AM #54335
08-02-2015, 09:58 AM #54336
Going to breakfast... And then Gen Con“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
08-02-2015, 10:51 AM #54337A succinct description of 'propaganda' from Norman Davies' magisterial overview ‘Europe – A History’
Theorists of propaganda have identified five basic rules (p. 500):
1. The rule of simplification: reducing all data to a single confrontation between ‘Good and Bad’, ‘Friend and Foe’.
2. The rule of disfiguration: discrediting the opposition by crude smears and parodies.
3. The rule of transfusion: manipulating the consensus values of the target audience for one’s own ends.
4. The rule of unanimity: presenting one’s viewpoint as if it were the unanimous opinion of all right-thinking people: drawing the doubting individual into agreement by the appeal of star performers, by social pressure, and by ‘psychological contagion’.
5. The rule of orchestration: endlessly repeating the same messages in different variations and combinations.
08-02-2015, 12:51 PM #54338
So so many people... Everywhere I turn there are crowds of people who don't watch where they're going“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
08-02-2015, 01:16 PM #54339
08-02-2015, 01:31 PM #54340
Half Of The United States Lives In These Counties - Business Insider
It makes sense that nearly half of our forum should be from around Southern/Mid-Cali, around Seattle Washington, Texas, Florida, and the NYC/Philly/Baltimore/DC area.“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman