User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    INTJ brother just called me the "Greek Goddess of family decision making." Best compliment I've ever received from him. Actually, it might be the only compliment I've ever received from him.
    Yeah, we INTJs don't compliment people very much.

And that's probably an overstatement.

For what it's worth, INTJs think compliments are just cheap emotional appeals that have no basis in reality. So if an INTJ is actually complimenting you, it's passed the tertiary Fi value test. That means that the compliment actually has a solid basis in reality.

In general, we hate having words stand in place of reality, but we occasionally recognize the necessity of such arrangements.

The greatest compliment, far beyond anything we might say in words: if an INTJ spends time with you, that INTJ really loves and respects you. Our time is our most valuable commodity, and you can always use that as a barometer in the absence of vocal declarations.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

An asylum seeker against asylum seekers?

I don't... I don't... what!
    Night is another candle

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

The political question isn't whether the activity caught on video was legal. I agree that it's unlikely to result in any indictments and (in the current balance of power) it's unlikely to result in a change of the law.

The political question is whether that the law is right in the first place. The political effect of these videos in the abortion debate is so damning, the only argument the Planned Parenthood side has left is that their actions were entirely legal ... which is exactly the effect the makers of the video wanted. They don't want to put people in jail (not that they'd object to such a consequence), they want to persuade popular opinion that the law as it stands is wrong. Inapropos lines such as the one about needing a Lamborghini go a long way in making this kind of moral/political case, and undoing the political damage here will be difficult not just for PP, but for everyone on the pro-choice side of the political debate in America.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    yupp

no worries i saw an article where conservattives compared planned parenthood to auschwitz. so you know the liberals have don't drink milk you're sexually molesting the cows type logic, and the conservative have this both sides are hypocrites. to not be a hypocrite you can't eat meat or believe or be ok with abortion. so i say do what's right for you if that means eating a hamburger and having 30 kids do it. ok please don't have 30 kids. or if it means eating only vegan and aborted everytime you get pregnant do it. the point is i don't care at this point.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Someone's probably posted this before, but whatever. It's important.

(also NSFW, unless you have headphones in)

My mantra for today: "Breathe in strength, breathe out bullshit."
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post

For what it's worth, INTJs think compliments are just cheap emotional appeals that have no basis in reality. So if an INTJ is actually complimenting you, it's passed the tertiary Fi value test. That means that the compliment actually has a solid basis in reality.

In general, we hate having words stand in place of reality, but we occasionally recognize the necessity of such arrangements.

The greatest compliment, far beyond anything we might say in words: if an INTJ spends time with you, that INTJ really loves and respects you. Our time is our most valuable commodity, and you can always use that as a barometer in the absence of vocal declarations.
    INTJ compliment to me..."you are to smart for your own good"...lol. couldn't figure out if that was a compliment or a slap...lol.
    Im out, its been fun

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    INTJ brother just called me the "Greek Goddess of family decision making." Best compliment I've ever received from him. Actually, it might be the only compliment I've ever received from him.
    Amazing.

I can definitely vouch for that, from meet-up experience (replacing "family" with "group").

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post

^ Same is true to a lesser degree with ESTJs. Probably a TJ thing in general?

I used to try to compliment people more... but don't worry, it was just a phase. I've moved past that now.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Destiny liked this post