User Tag List

Page 5380 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 438048805280533053705378537953805381538253905430548058806380 ... LastLast
Results 53,791 to 53,800 of 67805

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #53791
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    *phew*

    Good thing I sent that command over the hive mind I hacked the other day before she spilled the beans ...
    Can you hack the internets, though? All of them?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

  2. #53792
    we burn Array Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I suppose I can't refute a negative. But you and I both notice that they aren't shutting down this discussion.
    I am outright asserting that it's Te as a function, rather than Si (SJs' common function), that is to blame for the mess this whole forum is in with respect to free discussion. It doesn't matter which perceiving functions feed it; it brings about a king-of-the-hill mentality. Te, by nature, is also blunt and binary -- "with us" or "against us." Those of us who would be "against" would not have their voices heard. A Te environment is all about quashing the sort of independent thinking that comes from Ti.
    Te is as good as the Fi independent values that manage to influence it as well, and I have noticed a Te backed by Fi sentiment that free-speech (for the most part) is encouraged and appreciated on the part of some of the mod team. Si however is the culprit that leads to short-sightedness, and the more substantial variations from the norm behavior-wise are the ones that are most likely to be frowned upon and discouraged and vicariously punished through indirect means via the King of the Hill mentality you linked. The mods themselves are not entirely to blame as it is the culture that stems from having SJs in authority on the general populace, in how their intellectual integrity and desire to express themselves honestly is compromised in preference to procure social brownie points from the source of the authority and other posters on board with their agenda.

    Note: this is not a dig @EJCC who I think is wonderful, its more a general observation on how authority structures work.
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

  3. #53793
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    Te is as good as the Fi independent values that manage to influence it as well, and I have noticed a Te backed by Fi sentiment that free-speech (for the most part) is encouraged and appreciated on the part of some of the mod team. Si however is the culprit that leads to short-sightedness, and the more substantial variations from the norm behavior-wise are the ones that are most likely to be frowned upon and discouraged and vicariously punished through indirect means via the King of the Hill mentality you linked. .
    I like running experiments. Let's see if the mods punish some outside the norm behavior:









    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

  4. #53794
    we burn Array Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I like running experiments. Let's see if the mods punish some outside the norm behavior:
    Oh, you mean sarcastically appealing to the mods sense of power and magnanimity in an attempt to shut down dissent of the status quo? Surely they won't punish you for such a bold and rash example of exercising your personal rights?

  5. #53795
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    Oh, you mean sarcastically appealing to the mods sense of power and magnanimity in an attempt to shut down dissent of the status quo? Surely they won't punish you for such a bold and rash example of exercising your personal rights?
    I guess it's unclear to me as to what kinds of outside of the norm behavior you feel that isn't being tolerated. Could you be a little more specific? Do you feel that you can't express your views on the Swiss banking conspiracy?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  6. #53796
    we burn Array Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I guess it's unclear to me as to what kinds of outside of the norm behavior you feel that aren't tolerating. Could you be a little more specific? Do you feel that you can't express your views on the Swiss banking conspiracy?
    It's not so much what THEY aren't tolerating as I mentioned earlier, it's more the effects on the forum culture of having an SJ central power structure in a place where its benefits are dubious at best when it comes to discussion of typology and how it affects the general population who are more afraid of criticism of their opinions and beliefs than myself (not so much by the mods, but by socially self-interested dissent squashers).

  7. #53797
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    It's not so much what THEY aren't tolerating as I mentioned earlier, it's more the effects on the forum culture of having an SJ central power structure in a place where its benefits are dubious at best when it comes to discussion of typology and how it affects the general population who are more afraid of criticism of their opinions and beliefs than myself (not so much by the mods, but by socially self-interested dissent squashers).
    So what, is your issue with the SJ power structure, or the socially self-interested dissent squashers? What gives you the right to impose on the freedom of the socially self-interested dissent squashers? That sounds unAmerican.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  8. #53798
    we burn Array Xann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    So what, is your issue with the SJ power structure, or the socially self-interested dissent squashers? What gives you the right to impose on the freedom of the socially self-interested dissent squashers? That sounds unAmerican.
    I'm not an American, and I also am not trying to impose on anyone's freedom nor are they on mine for the most part, it's just not conducive to critical discussion of typology which was my original point. Not everyone can be an XNTX and share their uninhibited views in a place where they're going to be strongly criticized for doing so. Personally I think the forum as it is right now is fine for everything except typology, so if the majority is happy with it like that, then that is how it should stay. But if there is any question as to why the discussion of typology has reached an all-time low, this is why, no doubt.

  9. #53799
    Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNƭ
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp
    Socionics
    yδN
    Posts
    3,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    Te is as good as the Fi independent values that manage to influence it as well, and I have noticed a Te backed by Fi sentiment that free-speech (for the most part) is encouraged and appreciated on the part of some of the mod team. Si however is the culprit that leads to short-sightedness, and the more substantial variations from the norm behavior-wise are the ones that are most likely to be frowned upon and discouraged and vicariously punished through indirect means via the King of the Hill mentality you linked. The mods themselves are not entirely to blame as it is the culture that stems from having SJs in authority on the general populace, in how their intellectual integrity and desire to express themselves honestly is compromised in preference to procure social brownie points from the source of the authority and other posters on board with their agenda.
    I suppose I also can't refute that someone has noticed something. But I notice that Ni is just as every bit narrow-minded as Si. "Ni tunnel-vision" is a well-known phenomenon.

    I'm leaving that aside for the following. Wouldn't social brownie points, instead, be important in an Fe-oriented environment? Wouldn't "variations from the norm behavior-wise" be "punished through indirect means via the King of the Hill mentality" in a Te-oriented environment, just as discussed?

    In which extraverted judging environment do we live? I suppose it doesn't matter. If all of extraverted judging quashes free behavior and thought, then seems that, no matter our functional makeup, we're all responsible.

    Additionally, I notice that the mods still have not shut down this discussion -- one on typology-related free thought.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Hard, Masokissed liked this post

  10. #53800
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    Not everyone can be an XNTX and share their uninhibited views in a place where they're going to be strongly criticized for doing so.
    I agree. This form has an abysmal track record at catering to sensors, who have had to put up with a lot of bullshit, especially during the good old days that some members seem to want back. I understand the concerns of NFPs, but there are other MBTI types besides NFPs and NTs. Surely we should think about what they might want in a forum, rather than have typism in favor of intuitives. I think SJ mods help at making the forum more appealing to sensors, which can't be a negative.

    If we want to discuss typology, and we are serious about doing so, we should remember that MBTI does not just consist of intuitives.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, Masokissed, EJCC liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO