User Tag List

Page 5379 of 6773 FirstFirst ... 437948795279532953695377537853795380538153895429547958796379 ... LastLast
Results 53,781 to 53,790 of 67730

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Only if you allow it to.
    The problem is, most people allow it to, because they're more concerned with being accepted and liked and not being judged rather than putting their honest thoughts and opinions forth. Look at how people react to me for doing so for instance. I do appreciate your impartiality, however.
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    What sort of type would you prefer enter the modbox? I'd be curious about what the forum might look like under an ENFJ or an ENTJ.
    It'd be absolutely perfect in every way, I assure you.
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes BadOctopus, Hard liked this post

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    Any type that doesn't care as much about the minutia of the every day goings on in every single thread as SJ's do. An ENTJ or an ENFJ would be quite interesting to observe in a position of power in a place like this, although it would take a very particular person indeed, as these two types are renown for having some pretty strong biases of their own. Making it about type in the first place was a mistake, I made that original comment flippantly, although I stand by my last post.
    I think for an ENFJ or ENTJ mod to work, they'd have to demonstrate that they are capable of acting in an objective fashion and not show favoritism towards the sort of people they like having around. If they were capable of doing that, they might make excellent mods.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    So, wait. You assert that there must be rogue SJ agents in the modstaff because the environment around here is SJ? Fine. I'd suggest calling some of them out over in the "Mistyped TypoC members" thread; you'd be doing us all a favor by rooting them out.
    If this is the case.. wouldn't it be in their best interests to want to shut down this discussion? Either way on that one, wouldn't they shut it down because a they don't want a "discussion to exist even in a format like this" -- one that "SJ-style authority simply doesn't allow"?

For shits and giggles, I'll posit that it's Te that's to blame. Y'know, an orientation of thought where external facts and figures shape one's judgments? It creates an environment that fosters conformity of thought (Te) and quashes independent thinking (Ti). Moreover, Te lends itself very well to the creation of an org chart. You ever seen one of those things? Pyramid-shaped as all hell, with the major players on the top dangling the strings of the masses below.
    I've already tried to root some of them out, and I've noticed some people attempting to do it with some others, but it's either not responded to or other people jump at the opportunity to defend their SJ overlords' mistyping. The problem with this is the reward to effort ratio for this is very low, and since typology is so personal the act of trying to get someone to change how they view themselves and have others think of them can be equivalent to ripping their heart out especially in such a well-established setting. Sure, misguided Te can definitely be a problem as well, it all depends on the quality of input of the other functions guiding it, which is why it takes a very particular person to moderate such a sensitive ecosystem such as this. Too many hands spoil the broth as well, etc.
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes Masokissed, SpankyMcFly, Hard liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

The problem is, most people allow it to, because they're more concerned with being accepted and liked and not being judged rather than putting their honest thoughts and opinions forth. Look at how people react to me for doing so for instance. I do appreciate your impartiality, however.
    I know it sounds harsh, but I think the key is worrying less about what other people think, and focusing more on maintaining your personal integrity. There are always going to be people who dislike you, no matter what you do. The only thing you have complete control over is being the best person you know how to be.

And screw the haters.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes SpankyMcFly, Xann, Masokissed, Osprey, uumlau and 1 others liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@EJCC You need this shirt.

Oh my god yes I need that shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Two SJs on staff completely ruins the otherwise pristine N modbox dynamic that would lead to further development of typology as a science. Got it.
    I'm sure it doesn't help that those two SJs are part of a massive conspiracy planning on conquering the... uh... I mean... ... never mind
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes BadOctopus, Hard, SD45T-2 liked this post

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

I know it sounds harsh, but I think the key is worrying less about what other people think, and focusing more on maintaining your personal integrity. There are always going to be people who dislike you, no matter what you do. The only thing you have complete control over is being the best person you know how to be.

And screw the haters.
    Quite stoic. This is good.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Osprey liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    359 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I've already tried to root some of them out, and I've noticed some people attempting to do it with some others, but it's either not responded to or other people jump at the opportunity to defend their SJ overlords' mistyping. The problem with this is the reward to effort ratio for this is very low, and since typology is so personal the act of trying to get someone to change how they view themselves and have others think of them can be equivalent to ripping their heart out especially in such a well-established setting.
    I suppose I can't refute a negative. But you and I both notice that they aren't shutting down this discussion.
    Sure, misguided Te can definitely be a problem as well, it all depends on the quality of input of the other functions guiding it, which is why it takes a very particular person to moderate such a sensitive ecosystem such as this. Too many hands spoil the broth as well, etc.
    I am outright asserting that it's Te as a function, rather than Si (SJs' common function), that is to blame for the mess this whole forum is in with respect to free discussion. It doesn't matter which perceiving functions feed it; it brings about a king-of-the-hill mentality. Te, by nature, is also blunt and binary -- "with us" or "against us." Those of us who would be "against" would not have their voices heard. A Te environment is all about quashing the sort of independent thinking that comes from Ti.
    Last edited by Bush Did 9/11; 07-23-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: I can't imagine seriously believing what I say here. But, well,
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'm sure it doesn't help that those two SJs are part of a massive conspiracy planning on conquering the... uh... I mean... ... never mind
    *phew*

Good thing I sent that command over the hive mind I hacked the other day before she spilled the beans ...
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.