User Tag List

Page 5362 of 6774 FirstFirst ... 436248625262531253525360536153625363536453725412546258626362 ... LastLast
Results 53,611 to 53,620 of 67731

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #53611
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Attachment 14275

    TypeC, we shall stand united. PersonalityCentral will never take us, they will learn that just because they may only see smoke... Does not mean there is not a fire still raging!

    We are the insurgents.
    Verily. Let the @demiurge see us, the everlasting cinders, the Rosicrucian torch glow with the fire of spirit. The fire that cannot be distinguished only scattered by those who cannot bear the light within our masonry wheeled buildings accosted by cherubs, geese and flying postcards.


  2. #53612
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip
    Verily. Let the @demiurge see us, the everlasting cinders, the Rosicrucian torch glow with the fire of spirit. The fire that cannot be distinguished only scattered by those who cannot bear the light within our masonry wheeled buildings accosted by cherubs, geese and flying postcards.
    Wait, are you a gnostic or an atheist?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes Qlip liked this post

  3. #53613
    Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Nope, and that's why I respect it.
    Years ago, when Windows was still trying to catch up with Mac in the graphical interface game, I read an article calling it all WIMP interfaces: windows, icons, menus, pointing devices. I concede the utility of a mouse for drawing programs, but as for the rest, I quite agree.

    Do you remember the old Desqview program for DOS, from a company called Quarterdeck? Was a character-based (not graphical) multitasking system.
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

  4. #53614
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Wait, are you a gnostic or an atheist?
    A thiest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Years ago, when Windows was still trying to catch up with Mac in the graphical interface game, I read an article calling it all WIMP interfaces: windows, icons, menus, pointing devices. I concede the utility of a mouse for drawing programs, but as for the rest, I quite agree.

    Do you remember the old Desqview program for DOS, from a company called Quarterdeck? Was a character-based (not graphical) multitasking system.
    Very cool, a fellow Linux user. I know the mouse is supposedly more intuitive, but honestly, people could be so much more productive if they were just willing to work with a UI that's not so coddling. I'm glad I have choices, though.

    Yes, I remember those. I ran a BBS for a little while, and I used Desqview to run it so I could do admin work while maintaining uptime. I'm pretty nostalgic about those days. I occasionally use curses on Linux which does something similar for CLI for running headless applications that aren't friendly running as services.

  5. #53615
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    A thiest.
    I'm an apathiest, although I venerate the universe. I could never really quite buy into the idea of worldly things as sinful. It never made sense to me.

    I'm comfortable using Linux, Mac and Windows.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  6. #53616
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I'm an apathiest, although I venerate the universe. I could never really quite buy into the idea of worldly things as sinful. It never made sense to me.
    There's a really big leap between being a thiest and the belief in sin, there are so many forks in the road in between that may or may not be taken.

    I'm not very apathetic about anything that I take note of.

  7. #53617
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    There's a really big leap between being a thiest and the belief in sin, there are so many forks in the road in between that may or may not be taken.
    You don't think morality or ethics are important?

    To me, it's more important than the question of theism vs atheism, which is all about belief, which isn't something I care about.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  8. #53618
    Alchemist of life Array Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Yes, I remember those. I ran a BBS for a little while, and I used Desqview to run it so I could do admin work while maintaining uptime. I'm pretty nostalgic about those days. I occasionally use curses on Linux which does something similar for CLI for running headless applications that aren't friendly running as services.
    Wow. You are the first person I have run across in years who even knows what Desqview is/was.

    Sadly I must use MS at work, but haven't touched it at home in years. I have various ubuntu distros on my own 3 systems. Still learning how to do more and more with the CLI - that's the way to go, really. Plus I always resented having to remove my hands from the keyboard when writing (text).
    Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it. We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open. -- Raistlin Majere

  9. #53619
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    You don't think morality or ethics are important?
    Hah, now where in the heck did you get that notion from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Wow. You are the first person I have run across in years who even knows what Desqview is/was.

    Sadly I must use MS at work, but haven't touched it at home in years. I have various ubuntu distros on my own 3 systems. Still learning how to do more and more with the CLI - that's the way to go, really. Plus I always resented having to remove my hands from the keyboard when writing (text).
    I used to putter around with CLI in my fun time until it became part of my job and I had coworkers who could share solid knowledge. It really accelerates learning when there's a paycheck involved.

    Back when, my dream was to only use a mouse and this device called a chorded keyboard, so you'd never have to change hand positions.



    This was actually the intended setup for the modern UI as imagined by the researchers at Xerox Parc in the late 60's, only the mouse caught on, though. Now a days there are just too many symbols to type for me to take it up.

  10. #53620
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip
    Hah, now where in the heck did you get that notion from?
    You said that there's a big difference between being a thiest and a belief in sin. But really, conceptually speaking, a sin is nothing more than a lapse in moral or ethical judgement.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO