User Tag List

Page 5320 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 432048205220527053105318531953205321532253305370542058206320 ... LastLast
Results 53,191 to 53,200 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I know what you mean. I love that book so, so much. Atticus is my frigging hero. I'm trying not to get my hopes up about the new (old) book, so I'm not disappointed if it's not good. But I have to read it. I can't not read it.

And it may just exceed all our expectations. We'll never know if we don't give it a chance.
    Yeah I pretty much love everything about that book, and Atticus in general.

He is a little Mary Sue, but forgivable because he is such a powerfully impactful one. Perfectly written, or nearly, and I don't want to see him go.

But I might be getting ahead of myself. But I do suspect that this book is just going to be a morose reflection upon his life, barious characters touching upon the good of his character, his impact, ect. How his strength that was before his time carried the town into places they never knew. But god.

I may or may not read it immediately, maybe I will delay the inevitable for a little(or what I sort of percieve to be the inevitable), but yeah I am sure that evenetually the temptation to read just a little bit further and examine all that went on just to a greater degree will just become too encompassing that I will have to read it.

But I swear I have some pretty high, semi unfair, expecations for this book. If it is a huge disappointment... Well..

So yeah still not sure when and if I will be reading this. But I will because honestly it is going to kick me in the gut, but hopefully in the same way the first one did. Don't know how to decribe that beyond wow.

And @Kas, two words-read it. One of the few books that I will openly suggest anyone read.

The Bell Jar though... Kind of different. More of an emotional rollercoaster than the ride of to Kill a Mockingbird. For me it was ups and downs and ups and downs until almost it was like... Maybe something really does need to happen. Why can't something happen? Why is she going through this all?

But again that was well done, the disarray was kind of the point. As she got further and further disconnected from her own sanity the book started to reflect that.

But not particularly liked by me. Not awful, but like a 5/10
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    It doesn't bother me, but I'm not very aesthetically attuned.
    Yeah, I don't care, either. It works. (Most of the time.) That's good enough for me.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I am discomforted to be aware that when winter comes again I will have situations where I will feel discomfort because I will be too cold and will make effort to warm myself again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I just finished the final 2 hour episode of MASH last night. Love that show!
    Someone told me that there's broadcast problems with the show now because of the episodes were they talk about the african american guy as spear chucker but the principal characters are very anti-war and I would say anti-capitalist or at least for the common man and woman against the pretentious snobs and snobbery.

I love this show Samurai Jack

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Someone told me that there's broadcast problems with the show now because of the episodes were they talk about the african american guy as spear chucker but the principal characters are very anti-war and I would say anti-capitalist or at least for the common man and woman against the pretentious snobs and snobbery.
    Charles Winchester was a pretentious capitalist snob, and he was a good person who was mostly liked and respected by the other characters. (He's also my favorite.)
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

Charles Winchester was a pretentious capitalist snob, and he was a good person who was mostly liked and respected by the other characters. (He's also my favorite.)
    I dont like him at all but I do think that he's human, something which modern shows cant always do as well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Yeah I pretty much love everything about that book, and Atticus in general.

He is a little Mary Sue, but forgivable because he is such a powerfully impactful one. Perfectly written, or nearly, and I don't want to see him go.

But I might be getting ahead of myself. But I do suspect that this book is just going to be a morose reflection upon his life, barious characters touching upon the good of his character, his impact, ect. How his strength that was before his time carried the town into places they never knew. But god.

I may or may not read it immediately, maybe I will delay the inevitable for a little(or what I sort of percieve to be the inevitable), but yeah I am sure that evenetually the temptation to read just a little bit further and examine all that went on just to a greater degree will just become too encompassing that I will have to read it.

But I swear I have some pretty high, semi unfair, expecations for this book. If it is a huge disappointment... Well..

So yeah still not sure when and if I will be reading this. But I will because honestly it is going to kick me in the gut, but hopefully in the same way the first one did. Don't know how to decribe that beyond wow.
    I understand. We don't have to read that one as a group. (But I will be reading it. And I'll let you know if it's a huge disappointment or not.)

The Bell Jar though... Kind of different. More of an emotional rollercoaster than the ride of to Kill a Mockingbird. For me it was ups and downs and ups and downs until almost it was like... Maybe something really does need to happen. Why can't something happen? Why is she going through this all?

But again that was well done, the disarray was kind of the point. As she got further and further disconnected from her own sanity the book started to reflect that.

But not particularly liked by me. Not awful, but like a 5/10
    That's how I felt about A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I didn't dislike it, but I kept wondering when something would actually happen, or when it would get better. And it never did, really. It wasn't bad. Just... meh.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    :}

I understand. We don't have to read that one as a group. (But I will be reading it. And I'll let you know if it's a huge disappointment or not.)

That's how I felt about A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I didn't dislike it, but I kept wondering when something would actually happen, of when it would get better. And it never did, really. It wasn't bad. Just... meh.
    Oh no there will be a book thread/secret club. I have decided that that is what is best for the forum, and this book will be at the top of the list. I will suffer in silence, I am prepared. It may be a club of one, it may be a club of many, the thread shall grow as it sees fit.

Yeah I mean I reccomend reading it sort of... It just wasn't particularly a book for me. I do not remember it that well, but what I do recall was that it was... Something else. Not depressing per say, but had themes of depression running through it strongly. But a pretty good book all in all.

Never read a tree grows in Brooklyn. Ever read 'As I Lay Dying'?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have a flight tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out what to put on my kindle.