User Tag List

Page 5314 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 431448145214526453045312531353145315531653245364541458146314 ... LastLast
Results 53,131 to 53,140 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Xann View Post
    If he did get the facts right (which I am not sure he did) and if he is not skewing the facts, I do empathize with him.

Hard to believe him though.
    Likes Xann liked this post

Another day, another credit grind.

1 hour 20 minutes for an outage? Fix the problem. Otoh, it may keep more people from selling.

"The Wall Street Journal's website also went down at the same time the NYSE was suspended.

The outage comes after United Airlines suspended all flights due to a "router glitch."
    Now I'm curious.

Also, Anonymous's photos always make me laugh.

MBTI
    :}

Attachment 13934

I saw this picture and it really reminded me of the book To Kill a Mockingbird.

I am thinking about starting a book club, where we can all get together and discuss what inferences we can get from each other and just grow our insights together.

Any suggestions? So far I am thinking

Attachment 13938Attachment 13939 Attachment 13940

Would be some good suggestions.

Any more ideas?
    Likes Xann, BadOctopus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post

Any more ideas?
    They're good suggestions. It depends on what genre you want, it seems you're mostly into classics. Goodreads has some great lists to go through.
    Night is another candle

Senior Member Array

I'm reviewing and marking up a drawing that I will pass on to a drafter so she can correct the electronic drawing file. Many of the comments are "Add ________ here," and the like. I keep typing "Ass" instead of "Add". Freudian slip?

EDIT: I've been typing "supple" instead of "supply" too...

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Attachment 13934

I saw this picture and it really reminded me of the book To Kill a Mockingbird.

I am thinking about starting a book club, where we can all get together and discuss what inferences we can get from each other and just grow our insights together.

Any suggestions? So far I am thinking

Attachment 13938Attachment 13939 Attachment 13940

Would be some good suggestions.

Any more ideas?
    YES.

I mean... I think that's a great idea. I've read all of those except The Bell Jar, but they're all good enough to read again.

Or, we could all wait until that To Kill a Mockingbird prequel/sequel/whatever it is comes out, and read it together.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    YES.

I mean... I think that's a great idea. I've read all of those except The Bell Jar, but they're all good enough to read again.

Or, we could all wait until that To Kill a Mockingbird prequel/sequel/whatever it is comes out, and read it together.

Oh yeah you mean this one!

Attachment 13957

I don't know though, to Kill a Mockingbird is one of my absolute favorite books-I would hate to see it infringed upon by something that could end up being totally inferior.

And I am suspecting that it will be sad, including the possible death of Atticus(total guess based on how old she is supposed to be and the fact that she is coming back to her hometown-making there seem as if there would be some sort of pretty significant reason for that. So yeah this book could end up being a refelection of some sort upon the first, kind of repetative, but I guess perspective would still be different since she is looking from a different place in her life.

Or who knows maybe they will change the storylines around completely and it will be something totally unexpected.

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Oh yeah you mean this one!

Attachment 13957

I don't know though, to Kill a Mockingbird is one of my absolute favorite books-I would hate to see it infringed upon by something that could end up being totally inferior.

And I am suspecting that it will be sad, including the possible death of Atticus(total guess based on how old she is supposed to be and the fact that she is coming back to her hometown-making there seem as if there would be some sort of pretty significant reason for that. So yeah this book could end up being a refelection of some sort upon the first, kind of repetative, but I guess perspective would still be different since she is looking from a different place in her life.

Or who knows maybe they will change the storylines around completely and it will be something totally unexpected.
    I know what you mean. I love that book so, so much. Atticus is my frigging hero. I'm trying not to get my hopes up about the new (old) book, so I'm not disappointed if it's not good. But I have to read it. I can't not read it.

And it may just exceed all our expectations. We'll never know if we don't give it a chance.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP