User Tag List

Page 5285 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 428547855185523552755283528452855286528752955335538557856285 ... LastLast
Results 52,841 to 52,850 of 67689

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wixiw View Post
    Do anyone else's fingers go numb at night? I'm typing with my right hand because my left hand has gone to sleep.
    Could be poor circulation. Does it happen to your feet as well? Or are your hands and feet usually cold?
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Opal View Post
    I've no idea what you mean.

Weird though, maybe it's a circulation issue?
    You know what? That's never occurred to me, I'm contemplated everything but not circulation. And yet it makes perfect sense... Opal MD? I could get on board with that.
    Night is another candle
    Likes Opal liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Could be poor circulation. Does it happen to your feet as well? Or are your hands and feet usually cold?
    Look at these sane people suggesting a reasonable diagnosis. My first thought was MS.
    Night is another candle

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wixiw View Post
    Look at these sane people suggesting a reasonable diagnosis. My first thought was MS.
    Never consult WebMD for a self-diagnosis. Just ask random people on the Internet.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Raffaella, N/A, Ivy, Opal liked this post

MBTI
    :}

WebMD

"Turning a headache into a brain eating amoeba. Why? Because we can-we are doctors!"

Bending the hypocratic oath by day... And hell, why not by night too.
    Likes Ivy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Dear religion,

What if I was raised not to run from fear, how to deal with and handle my own issues and problems, to be strong and endure what is given to me, to not have to feel like someone loves me no matter what, to not need someone to worships and follow. How would you recruit someone who is strong and not weak? Someone who puts requirements on who I follow or I walk off alone. Someone one with actual internal values and beliefs, not externally acquired value and beliefs. To enjoy my life here on earth to the point where I don't have to dream about heaven.
    Religion will not answer you.

Or conversely there will be such a chorus of different voices as not to be able to hear a single one. Religion. Its bigger and broader and deeper than you have supposed.

Nice post though.

Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

At 26, most of my friends that decided to marry at 21 - 22 are now divorcing or already on their second marriages. One of my closer friends sent me a message today letting me know that she is going through a painful divorce because her husband cheated on her with six different women. What do you say to that?
    Why do people take on a serious commitment like that when there is always the possibility that it will go horribly wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Never consult WebMD for a self-diagnosis. Just ask random people on the Internet.
    ok random internet entity: after 10-12 hours of being awake straight i get this strong need to sleep. i don't understand how this could be,

I also watched the tall man starring jessica biel, apparently it flopped and people hated it. but i loved it and I agreed with it, i think the issue is people don't like mirrors that reflect the bad in the world and realizing what is meant to be good often makes things worse, and sometimes you have to do "immoral" and illegal things to bring some good into the world, and people don't want to say hey good isn't good.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRainbows View Post
    At 26, most of my friends that decided to marry at 21 - 22 are now divorcing or already on their second marriages. One of my closer friends sent me a message today letting me know that she is going through a painful divorce because her husband cheated on her with six different women. What do you say to that?
    Why do people take on a serious commitment like that when there is always the possibility that it will go horribly wrong?
    Because it is socially expected.

But all of those expectations disappear after one is married. They are replaced by the expectation that marriage should make you happy, or it isn't worth keeping. Happiness is a fickle thing, and basing whether or not a marriage is worthwhile on happiness pretty much guarantees divorce.

More philosophically: Love is why we put up with people who don't always make us happy. If they have to make us happy in order to belong in our lives, then it was never love in the first place.

Even more philosophy: Morality, while often intertwined with feelings, shouldn't be based upon feelings. Feelings are just our immediate reactions, and do not reliably reflect our commitment of right over wrong. Basing your morality on your feelings is a path to narcissism: the world exists to make you happy. If it doesn't make you happy, the failure isn't yours, it is the world's.

Back on topic: If your marriage to your spouse doesn't make you happy, the failure isn't yours, it's your spouse's.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I am so sick of people acting like the solution to all of life's problems, and the world's problems, is feels over reals.
    clearly we are the solution to their problems, we must bake them brownies and say your life sucks but here's chocolate and then they look at us say oh at least i'm not them and they feel happy plus they have brownies.
    by @magpie
    Likes Osprey liked this post