Thread: Random Thought Thread
06-26-2015, 03:02 AM #52681'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp
06-26-2015, 08:27 AM #52682
06-26-2015, 08:30 AM #52683
Hmmm, I think I need to reintroduce (introduce?) a little ascetic discipline into my life.Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
06-26-2015, 09:22 AM #52684
06-26-2015, 09:29 AM #52685
06-26-2015, 10:04 AM #52686
06-26-2015, 10:48 AM #52687
7 simple rules for life in hiding,
1. Never trust a cop in a rain coat
2. Beware of enthusiasm and of love, each is temporary and quick to sway
3. When asked if you care about the worlds problems, look deep into the eyes of he who asks, he will not ask you again.
4 & 5. Never give your real name, and if told to look at yourself, never look.
6. Never do or say anything that the person standing in front of you cannot understand.
7. Never create anything, it will be misinterpreted, it will chain you and follow you the rest of your life, it will never change.
1st and 5th are my favourite
06-26-2015, 11:29 AM #52688
06-26-2015, 11:53 AM #52689
06-26-2015, 12:06 PM #52690
When I left my hometown to study interstate, I used to think any strictly conservative or religious person I ran into was living in a bubble since they wouldn't acknowledge or respect anyone that doesn't share their worldview. Then I realised I lived in a wonderful, harmonious bubble where anything different was celebrated.
Curse the hippies, they've been feeding me lies!Night is another candle