My ego semi-intellectual obsessions are simply fun
The world eventually eats obsessions like that. Eats it whole, no seconds or thirds....*gulp*.
'Consciousness is not simply a sensory-perceptual affair, a matter of mental imagery, as the contents of our mind would have us believe. It is deeply enmeshed with the brain mechanisms that automatically promote action readiness' - Jaak Panksepp
7 simple rules for life in hiding,
1. Never trust a cop in a rain coat
2. Beware of enthusiasm and of love, each is temporary and quick to sway
3. When asked if you care about the worlds problems, look deep into the eyes of he who asks, he will not ask you again.
4 & 5. Never give your real name, and if told to look at yourself, never look.
6. Never do or say anything that the person standing in front of you cannot understand.
7. Never create anything, it will be misinterpreted, it will chain you and follow you the rest of your life, it will never change.
1st and 5th are my favourite
“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle
When I left my hometown to study interstate, I used to think any strictly conservative or religious person I ran into was living in a bubble since they wouldn't acknowledge or respect anyone that doesn't share their worldview. Then I realised I lived in a wonderful, harmonious bubble where anything different was celebrated.