User Tag List

Page 5260 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 426047605160521052505258525952605261526252705310536057606260 ... LastLast
Results 52,591 to 52,600 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Isn't it a curious thing that the word disillusioned is always used to mean something negative? Shouldn't it be a good thing to be disillusioned? What good are illusions?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Isn't it a curious thing that the word disillusioned is always used to mean something negative? Shouldn't it be a good thing to be disillusioned? What good are illusions?
    I thought disillusions were good.

They're only bad when the negative state of affairs is revealed, as in disappointment.
    the bees made honey in the lion's skull

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    perhaps the illusions make the world worth existing in
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

Senior Member Array Chrysanthea's Avatar

Because Illusions cover up what you don't wanna see. Who wants to question life and be suicidal? Or would you rather live happily in ignorance? I'd certainly go for the second.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I have no use for illusions and I'm feeling just fine.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

I dreamt of snakes.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I dreamt of snakes.
    In college I dreamt of snakes. They attacked me all over my body, so I had welts like a statue of Jesus I'd seen once. The doctor was a guy my age who looked at it and told me not to worry. I thought he was incompetent.

Later, senior year, I had a dream that I was bitten by a single snake. The summer after I graduated, I dreamt I ate a pot of boiled snake.

MBTI
    :}

Might seem really weird but whatever, but I occasionally have these hallucinations right before and during sleep. Snakes are common. Scary as all hell waking up in the middle of the night, opening your eyes, and thinking that you see a snake slithering along your leg. It seems dead real too, to the point where I jump out of bed and thrash apart my covers looking for it. I hate snakes, so of course snakes are what it is 80% of the time.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

the click button on my mouse sounds like pinochio when he's walking. before he's a real boy
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array Chrysanthea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Might seem really weird but whatever, but I occasionally have these hallucinations right before and during sleep. Snakes are common. Scary as all hell waking up in the middle of the night, opening your eyes, and thinking that you see a snake slithering along your leg. It seems dead real too, to the point where I jump out of bed and thrash apart my covers looking for it. I hate snakes, so of course snakes are what it is 80% of the time.
    I have similar experiences once in awhile after waking up... But with unidentifiable black figures with claws trying to grab at me. And it's always the same creepy ass figure every single time it happens. Since it occurs so often I've been able to turn it into a burrito or something to keep it from harming my innocence. Either that or I pretend to be scared so that it becomes even more threatening, thus entertaining me more as my heart beats faster and my mind races, essentially using my anxiety as fuel for whatever the hallucinations change to before my eyes . It only lasts so long though... Maybe one minute max. Oh and this is just a result of my Sleep Paralysis, which seems to only take place one or two times a month and only if I sleep in a certain awkward position.