User Tag List

Page 5246 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 424647465146519652365244524552465247524852565296534657466246 ... LastLast
Results 52,451 to 52,460 of 67823

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I think I pulled a muscle in my hamstring today. I'm having shooting pains down the back of my leg when I walk.

I guess that's what I get for stopping my best friend's little boy from putting a dead bird in his mouth.
    So long as you werent intervening in his eating a turkey sandwich you did good

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It covers description and prescription then.

I tend to find that description is interesting but prescription neglected, the difficulty is that any prescription is going to be broad in order to be found useful by the diversity of individuals liable to be reading the book.
    She runs through ten different parental types showing what is missing, then gets into application and rebuilding and it's pretty detailed in the application / prescription side of things. I haven't finished it yet, but it's certainly got more to it than the usual 'loving-description-of-a-problem' books, I have seen plenty of those and I'd agree with you.

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

What if I changed my username to Sultan6226? Wouldn't that be cool?
    Likes Frosty liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rambling View Post
    She runs through ten different parental types showing what is missing, then gets into application and rebuilding and it's pretty detailed in the application / prescription side of things. I haven't finished it yet, but it's certainly got more to it than the usual 'loving-description-of-a-problem' books, I have seen plenty of those and I'd agree with you.
    I like solutions focused writing and thinking for the most part, critical evaluations are great but most of the time describing a problem isnt enough, its a start but its not enough.

There's mistaken prescription, one size fits all prescriptions, and also prescription which is a product of its time or context but when that's understood and properly understood I think people should be bolder about their willingness to suggest solutions, its not like they need to be flawless and work every time, just suggest something as opposed to "things sure are bad" and leaving it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    I wouldnt recognise you, I dont recognise a lot of people as it is from the last time I visited, there's people I had on ignore and I cant recall putting them there so I'm pretty sure that's changed identities too. Do the numbers have a significance?

Likes EJCC, SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post

I would not associate with someone who can make light of my NUMBERS! Who would steal my identity in such a way!

Oh wait... I forgot @Frosty.

Hm well I suppose it would end up just being more me to go around. Everyone should just change their username to something vaguely related to mine. There could be frostyoctopus6226, Pokifrost. Pokifrost sounds a but like pokemon though. I suppose though that it could be like a pokemon system or something. Frostymon. And then every name could be vaguely frostyish, like those names are vaguely japanese?. Or we could do math. Have like javo16. Add up all the numbers, or assign numbers alphabetically to frosty. Like f equals 6 and so on. This could work! Endless possibilities. I will start right away with detailed plans.
    Likes Olm the Water King, Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I think we could all have numbers at the end of our usernames. I'll be Luke 0.
    Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

i might take this back in an hour or two but if this was a cult i'd happily be brainwashed and commit mass bad things with you all
    by @magpie

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I would not associate with someone who can make light of my NUMBERS! Who would steal my identity in such a way!

Oh wait... I forgot @Frosty.

Hm well I suppose it would end up just being more me to go around. Everyone should just change their username to something vaguely related to mine. There could be frostyoctopus6226, Pokifrost. Pokifrost sounds a but like pokemon though. I suppose though that it could be like a pokemon system or something. Frostymon. And then every name could be vaguely frostyish, like those names are vaguely japanese?. Or we could do math. Have like javo16. Add up all the numbers, or assign numbers alphabetically to frosty. Like f equals 6 and so on. This could work! Endless possibilities. I will start right away with detailed plans.
    I like Frostymon. Your forum slogan could be "Gotta Post 'em all™"

You could go around the forum proclaiming your Frostymon master status in a most valiant manner.

*throws snowball instead of pokemon ball*
    Likes Olm the Water King, N/A liked this post