User Tag List

Page 5232 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 423247325132518252225230523152325233523452425282533257326232 ... LastLast
Results 52,311 to 52,320 of 67683

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    New Study Shows that Your Birth Month Might Have a Lot to Do With Your Overall Health

I'm a May baby.

“The risk related to birth month is relatively minor when compared to more influential variables like diet and exercise.”

Oh damn
    I find the fact that they included a higher risk of ADHD and neurological disorders with those who are born in december/november. I believe I read somewhere that there was a ridiculous discrepency between diagnosis for those diagnosed in January vs. December. And I believe that one of the proposed hypotheses were that instead of it being some sort of eerie coincidence or there being some sort of psychic correlation, it was just because generally school systems base who they accept from each grade on a calender year. So that children who were born in December are behind both cognitively and emotionally from their peers born in January by a whole year-which can lead to a tendency, especially when younger, for behavior that might be labeled as ADHD.

But yeah, so basically I am saying is that there tend to be other explanations that are either not well understood or generally overlooked in favor of what appears mysterious or fun.

Lol though I know you weren't exactly looking to write a book on this, just felt like saying that.

Anyways I was born in September and I do have asthma so...

Oh wait there is more to this that I didn't read! Oh so maybe my asthma isn't a curse from the September Gods...

Edit: Ok phew...

Earlier studies, for example, had connected birth in late summer or fall with asthma or respiratory problems, since mothers pregnant during the winter may be more likely to catch the flu or other respiratory infections.

Makes sense a bit, I could see where there would be a correlation. I guess that your mother being pregnant primarily during the summer or at least starting her pregnancy at that point, when you are developing the most rapidly and have the most (*ahem-might not know what I am talking about) room for developing slight genetic mutations/shaping different aspects of your genome slightly by influence of the infection of your mother, could cause you to be more succeptible to developing asthma or other respiratory illnesses.

This actually is interesting and more than pseudo science- like like like.

MBTI

Oooh there are bunnies and baby deer in my yard... It is like I am in some sort of fairy tale.
    Likes uumlau liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Some of the posts in the Graveyard are the funniest things you will ever read.

So to all those who contributed

BRAVO
    What's really funny is that most of them were meant to be taken seriously.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes uumlau, N/A liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

fyi strawberry limeade is still delicious when it's hot and flat. sign of a good drink

also i drove randomly and this person in another car kept waving at me enthuisiatcly and so i waved back equally so i don't know who he was but good times, we kept meeting each other at red lights.
    by @magpie

MBTI

Who makes something due at 11:41 am! Are you joking me? It's 11:43, and now it's late. What is this... This man is some demented definition of evil.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Why oh why do I stay up late when I get stressed? Most counterintuitive and counterproductive thing ever.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Why oh why do I stay up late when I get stressed? Most counterintuitive and counterproductive thing ever.
    Go to bed, young lady.

There, did that help?
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes EJCC, Opal liked this post

Likes Opal, Luke O, an hero, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Wixiw View Post
    Every ad for every female beauty product ever.
    Likes an hero, EJCC, Raffaella liked this post

I cant wait for the weekend, its been so long since I had a proper night out and I'm going to drink so much guinness west indies export.