User Tag List

Page 5208 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 420847085108515851985206520752085209521052185258530857086208 ... LastLast
Results 52,071 to 52,080 of 67815

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #52071
    Post Human Post Array Qlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    I had a wild idea this morning... What if the people on this forum were a generally accurate cross section of society, and all of our activity here is actually healthy and beneficial?

  2. #52072
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I had a wild idea this morning... What if the people on this forum were a generally accurate cross section of society, and all of our activity here is actually healthy and beneficial?
    I think it can be extremely helpful and beneficial. This place is much more diverse than some other internet communities.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes Qlip, themightyfetus liked this post

  3. #52073
    Trick or treat Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    :}
    Posts
    5,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I think it can be extremely helpful and beneficial. This place is much more diverse than some other internet communities.
    Agreed. This site is run very well, and has a complex mix of different individuals and different viewpoints. My stamp of approval.

  4. #52074
    across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    I'm helping my sister out with her geography assignment, and right now we're doing Appalachian fauna. We're using English sources and we're making a list of common animals, some of which have no Slovenian word lol.

    Like the Eastern cottontail rabbit. What are we supposed to do now, make up our own Slovenian name for it? Just use the Latin name? Ugh.

    P.S.: Actually, I've just found the name..it just took me a while lol

  5. #52075
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    I'm helping my sister out with her geography assignment, and right now we're doing Appalachian fauna. We're using English sources and we're making a list of common animals, some of which have no Slovenian word lol.

    Like the Eastern cottontail rabbit. What are we supposed to do now, make up our own Slovenian name for it? Just use the Latin name? Ugh.

    P.S.: Actually, I've just found the name..it just took me a while lol
    What is it?

    Also, I'll bet there's no Slovenian word for raccoon, being an animal only found in North America, is there? I do love those furry bandits, though.

    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  6. #52076
    across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    What is it?

    Also, I'll bet there's no Slovenian word for raccoon, being an animal only found in North America, is there? I do love those furry bandits, though.
    Vzhodni belorepi kunec. And raccoon is rakun.

  7. #52077
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    Vzhodni belorepi kunec. And raccoon is rakun.
    Well, I can see the etymological origins of that word, surely.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

  8. #52078
    Fabula rasa Array Kas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    In my language it's "szop pracz". I would like to hear you trying to say it
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle



  9. #52079
    across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Well, I can see the etymological origins of that word, surely.
    Yeah and grizli, kojot, bizon...

  10. #52080
    waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    7,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    Yeah and grizli, kojot, bizon...
    Kojot is coyote? I like coyotes. The populations have really taken off since there aren't as many natural predators for them as there used to be. I've heard them call to each other on autumn nights in the Mojave Desert. Awe-inspiring.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO