User Tag List

Page 5198 of 6764 FirstFirst ... 419846985098514851885196519751985199520052085248529856986198 ... LastLast
Results 51,971 to 51,980 of 67638

Thread: Random Thought Thread

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    hbo's got issues lol

I could deal with a show where a mobster is a hero and kills people all the time, and a show about middle-aged white women doing lots of shopping and sleeping with people in New York City, but a show created by a woman about 20-something white women in New York City? That's way too much to handle.

Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    hbo's got issues lol

I could deal with a show where a mobster is a hero and kills people all the time, and a show about middle-aged white women doing lots of shopping and sleeping with people in New York City, but a show created by a woman about 20-something white women in New York City? That's way too much to handle.

I can deal with a show about mobsters or millenials. But watching a show about web applications that have no way to gracefully deal with when their media end-point is down hits way too close to home.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I can deal with a show about mobsters or millenials. But watching a show about web applications that have no way to gracefully deal with when their media end-point is down hits way too close to home.
    Are you talking about Silicon Valley? I haven't seen it yet.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Unrelated, but everyone needs to be watching Mr. Robot nao. It's House of Cards of Silicon Valley. USA also made first episode available for free on the Youtubes.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

A big part of why I don't watch "Girls" is because I know all of those entitled twentysomethings IRL, and I can't stand them. So why should I seek out those same infuriating people in my free time?
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hard, uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    A big part of why I don't watch "Girls" is because I know all of those twentysomethings IRL, and I can't stand them. So why should I seek out those same infuriating people in my free time?
    I haven't watched it too much, but from the clips I have seen, I think the criticisms of it are baseless. The things it's being criticized for are clearly meant satirically, as far as I have seen.

Yes, we can be annoying at times, but we were told that we could be and do anything we wanted when we grow up, that we were all special, and that we were all the most important people in the world. What's happening to us in our twenties is that we're finding out that the reality is far more complicated for us.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Talking about the 404 errors on HBO's website in the pic. I refuse to watch Silicon Valley, I have a feeling that it would make me want to rage, for similar reasons that @EJCC just elucidated on.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

I can't find what's-his-face's posts. What the hell is his name? Oh, Exlax. No, Jarlax. All this name-changing nonsense is total bullshit.
    And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country . . . wait, this is 2016.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...

Starbuck and Starbuck at Starbucks

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Kas, BadOctopus, Ivy, uumlau liked this post

I actually appreciate that Girls characters have many faults and are realistic maybe grotesque but still realistic. Sometimes I like them sometimes they are annoying- well life. There is something refreshing when I don’t understand what Shosh is muttering and awkward conversations oppose to tv shows where usually everyone sounds so smart and funny like they think over every line for hours.

I think that it points very well the faults of young people beginning adult life (point and laugh) and yes I agree with @Vulcano that some of it comes from breeding or social factors. How egocentric are most of characters… and many of us.

I understand that you may be bored watching again something similar to what you are watching every day, but it makes some good points.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle