User Tag List

Page 5181 of 6771 FirstFirst ... 418146815081513151715179518051815182518351915231528156816181 ... LastLast
Results 51,801 to 51,810 of 67708

Thread: Random Thought Thread

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Happy National Hamburger Day.

If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Every time I think it would be cool to live somewhere else, like the East coast, I think, "But how would I get Burgerville milkshakes?"
    Milkshakes are easy to duplicate on your own. You can make them even BETTER than whatever they serve, by choosing your absolute favorite ice cream and ingredients, in proportions you like. (Though there was one place at college in California that made excellent milkshakes. Their proof that it was high quality would be to turn the milkshake upside down (!) and show you that it stayed in the cup.)

What's tougher is finding a cuisine you're fond of that is common where you used to live, but not common where you end up. Here in Austin, it's easy to find good BBQ, Tex Mex and interior Mexican food - and find all the appropriate ingredients in the grocery stores. But the seafood kind of sucks (we aren't on the Gulf), and the pizza and similar cuisines are ok/average. (There's also a huge variety of Asian cuisines, here, with authentic Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, and Indian cuisines, though that has more to do with the tech industries attracting workers from those countries.)

My other homes (where I go to visit family) are in Chicago and Virginia. Virginia has some great seafood, especially in the tidewater area, but their Tex Mex selections suck and Virginia BBQ is quite different from the Texas variety. Chicago has some really great pizza and hot dogs that are really hard to find elsewhere. For Christmas, my brother usually sends me a couple of pizzas from here: https://www.tastesofchicago.com/ It's fun to share them with friends who have no idea what a real Chicago pizza is like. Also, the steaks you can order at a restaurant in the Chicago area are almost always very high quality, even moreso than here in Texas (Texas has a lot more mid-price-level steak places, which colors the impression a bit).
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm pretty sure I just saw a coworker try to hide the fact that he drank a shot of Listerine.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm pretty sure I just saw a coworker try to hide the fact that he drank a shot of Listerine.
    The one and only time I will say this about anyone: I hope, for his own safety, that he was drinking a colorful and sugary vodka shot.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Qlip, uumlau liked this post

Currently having an argument with an internet stranger about the action of the brachioradialis muscle.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Currently having an argument with an internet stranger about the action of the brachioradialis muscle.
    pronation and supination of the forearm.

/settled.

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post

/settled.

Its prime action is flexion at the elbow!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

/settled.

OMG, I just realized I have somebody to share this ridiculous song to.

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Its prime action is flexion at the elbow!
    See, now you're arguing with TWO internet strangers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    OMG, I just realized I have somebody to share this ridiculous song to.

Holy shit, someone on Vent used to link that to me all the time. Lmao. I've heard this before.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~
    Likes Qlip liked this post

See, now you're arguing with TWO internet strangers.
    Well, at least you and I are both correct. The person I was arguing with was claiming that it can cause your fingers to move, which makes zero sense.

And hey! Have you not been to the forums in a while or have I not been paying attention?