User Tag List

Page 5170 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 417046705070512051605168516951705171517251805220527056706170 ... LastLast
Results 51,691 to 51,700 of 67839

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Permabanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Okay, I do get what you're saying now, about how there's really a huge difference between people and not-people. It does appear to be a strange state of being. Although there are other factors to consider, like we do know that we co-existed with other hominids that did vary from us considerably, and they no longer effectively exist, at least not as separate peoples.

Those factors are important, especially if the multi regional origin hypothesis holds better then the out of africa one. We'll have to see how the competition for findings holds up. The combination of big data and cheaper genetic tests might provide an answer in my life time (Would have been yours too but you'll get hit by lightening two weeks before the paper gets published. I am sorry. May your future self rest in peace).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Those factors are important, especially if the multi regional origin hypothesis holds better then the out of africa one. We'll have to see how the competition for findings holds up. The combination of big data and cheaper genetic tests might provide an answer in my life time (Would have been yours too but you'll get hit by lightening two weeks before the paper gets published. I am sorry. May your future self rest in peace).
    Don't you worry about me satiating my scientific interests, I have invested in charms and counter-spells to ward off curses and the evil eye.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    How can I start wanting things that other people want me to want?
    I don't think you can. You just have to politely flip them the finger in your own mind. That's my foolish opinion, anyway.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I don't think you can. You just have to politely flip them the finger in your own mind. That's my foolish opinion, anyway.
    What if it were better for me if I did want them?

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

If you were immortal, would you fall in love, get married and have children knowing that you will outlive them? I saw Age of Adaline recently. I would probably find a remote place away from civilization and live in the wilderness.
    It's important to thumbs down all your favorite Youtube videos. You don't want these artists to get big heads and start producing subpar material.

Just found out that a guy got killed on campus. Last week I got a text that one of the campus roads would be closed due to an accident. Considering the speed limits here are 15-25mph, I assumed it was just that someone's car got banged up. Nope. Turns out some guy ran over a jogger and killed him. I have a hard time even understanding how that would happen at those speeds. I'm guessing the idiot driver must've been texting or something.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

And I was comparing this reality to the likely consequences of a reality where we didn't have the population bottleneck 70k years ago to show how the current reality provides evidence that we did have the population bottleneck 70k years ago.
    What's interesting to me about this theory is that it suggests that the catastrophe would have affected humans all around the globe, looking at figures given for human migration. This would mean very small communities surviving. It must have seemed truly apocalyptic.

It's curious that similar genetic material would have survived all across the globe. I guess I'd like to say that I would expect more variation, but I don't know the specifics.

Frankly, I hold to the series finale of Battlestar Galactica theory of human evolution.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes Mane liked this post

Permabanned Array

Frankly, I hold to the series finale of Battlestar Galactica theory of human evolution.
    So NTPs are just Cylons. That would make a lot more sense then the "human" theory: I have always fantasized about the ability to just split a branch of me's whenever there's a choice between multiple possibilities, must be my primordial urge.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

So NTPs are just Cylons. That would make a lot more sense then the "human" theory: I have always fantasized about the ability to just split a branch of me's whenever there's a choice between multiple possibilities, must be my primordial urge.
    That would be a nice trick, wouldn't it? Think of all I could do, all I could know if I had copies to go through all possible choices.

I think the metaphor fits, but I'd also include NTJ's. Why did you leave them out?

Permabanned Array

That would be a nice trick, wouldn't it? Think of all I could do, all I could know if I had copies to go through all possible choices.

I think the metaphor fits, but I'd also include NTJ's. Why did you leave them out?
    The NJs are clearly the hybrids:

Likes BadOctopus liked this post