User Tag List

  1. #51661
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I need this sign.

    you do so i can dumb their constantly, i am actually your pet cat
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy


    by @agentwashington

  2. #51662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    Is the only way to solve it really just to leave?
    No.

  3. #51663
    Sweet Summer Child yama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sp
    Posts
    7,041

    Default

    Well it's official, my friends have dubbed me the "mommy friend". But I'm also the baby friend because I'm the youngest of us so I don't know how that works. Still I think it's cute

  4. #51664
    Wailing For Eternity Dr Mobius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    Is the only way to solve it really just to leave?
    No, the solution is to dance. Because without music, life would be a mistake. So lay down some sick beats, and dance monkey dance!

    The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed; And on the pedestal, these words appear: My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;

    Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

  5. #51665
    Senior Member oneandonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Ha, I play ukulele..
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post


    We are more than the sum of our parts.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  6. #51666
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/sx
    Posts
    6,821

    Default

    Does the book Please Understand Me get any better? The first chapter or so seems extremely general, to the point of miscorrelating the trees with the forest. Any other suggestions? My library is incredibly sparse. Gifts differing?

  7. #51667
    El Papagayo Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    8,429

    Default

    Digging your new avatar, @Jennifer.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore


    Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

  8. #51668
    lords of summer EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Does the book Please Understand Me get any better? The first chapter or so seems extremely general, to the point of miscorrelating the trees with the forest. Any other suggestions? My library is incredibly sparse. Gifts differing?
    My humble opinion, which does not represent the opinion of the Mod staff at large:

    STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM KEIRSEY.

    All of his writing is too general, to the point of stereotyping. It may be useful to some, but in my experience it is far too shallow and misdirected to be of much use relative to others' writing.

    My favorite MBTI book is "Was That Really Me?" by Naomi Quenk. You could also try some Jung if you wanted, but it can be dense.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Cygnus liked this post

  9. #51669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    My library is incredibly sparse. Gifts differing?
    Get that book if you're INFP. They're special snowflakes. Btw, author Isabel Briggs Myers was INFP. Inherent bias? Of course not. She was above that sort of thing.
    Think.

  10. #51670
    Senior Member Frosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/sx
    Posts
    6,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    My humble opinion, which does not represent the opinion of the Mod staff at large:

    STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM KEIRSEY.

    All of his writing is too general, to the point of stereotyping. It may be useful to some, but in my experience it is far too shallow and misdirected to be of much use relative to others' writing.

    My favorite MBTI book is "Was That Really Me?" by Naomi Quenk. You could also try some Jung if you wanted, but it can be dense.
    Yeah I was wondering if it was just me, it seemed the first chapter was sort of just obvious blanket statements filled with holes, and just really common sense based (the parts that were actually sensical). The individual descriptions of the four temperaments, slightly less general, slightly more biased. Don't think my library has Was that Really Me, but I read excerps online as I just recently saw that thread.I would love to find a consolidated copy and really dig into it, might have to consider scrounging up some change. Any thoughts on Myers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Get that book if you're INFP. They're special snowflakes. Btw, author Isabel Briggs Myers was INFP. Inherent bias? Of course not. She was above that sort of thing.
    It might end up being down to Myers or Keirsey, both, neither. Those books are the only ones even remotely related to personality type theory, shoved in between a few about autism. The implications of that... Anyways, is Myers really that biased, to the point of not being worth the time to read?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :cry:
  • :(
  • :doh:
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :unsure:
  • :huh:
  • :shock:
  • :shrug:

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 790
    Last Post: 07-11-2017, 08:22 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO