User Tag List

Page 5130 of 6765 FirstFirst ... 413046305030508051205128512951305131513251405180523056306130 ... LastLast
Results 51,291 to 51,300 of 67642

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Well, I went to my follow-up appointment with the Orthopedist yesterday and he told me I need surgery. So, I have surgery scheduled for tommorow morning. A pin to hold my fibula in place at the ankle and a plate to hold the fracture which is higher up on the fibula. And I had gone in to the appointment thinking I could get by with a walking air boot and return to work today. 4 weeks out, mandatory. And a second surgery to remove the pin. (and to think I walked into the ER on that ankle, no wonder I felt like vomiting at the thought of it while sitting in my car in the parking lot)

On the up-side, I will be getting some good drugs

My father said, I need to pack my bags and the minute I am able to drive bring myself up to his house so they can take care of me. I'm sorely tempted. I haven't taken a vacation in close to eight years. He's happy I'm having surgery. He broke his leg in five places in a motorcycle accident opted out of surgery and said he's been paying for it ever since. I guess that's what happens when your eight wing and your Ego gets in the way.

Enneagram Type 8 @ Level 8: Develop delusional ideas about their power, invincibility, and ability to prevail: megalomania, feeling omnipotent, invulnerable. Recklessly over-extending self.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I need prayers right now. Everyone send me your positive energy because I am going into the accounting pit of hell to face my doom.
    Everyone in my neighborhood wants to study either Communications or Accounting, or some other business major. I don't mean to be a dick, but that's always given me the impression that they're dead inside or something. You can't be creative in Accounting. You can't carry your field outside of work and let it double as a hobby if it's Accounting.

That's why I'm going to study computers.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post
    Everyone in my neighborhood wants to study either Communications or Accounting, or some other business major. I don't mean to be a dick, but that's always given me the impression that they're dead inside or something. You can't be creative in Accounting. You can't carry your field outside of work and let it double as a hobby if it's Accounting.

Some people thrive on detail and procedure. That's how their minds work.

I work with an ISTJ who is a great partner in software development. I keep track of architecture and best practices and overall design/vision. But he will actually document all of that shit for posterity, which I can't stand doing. He has no desire to pursue design/architecture, and is quite content to just figure everything out in a very detailed way. I think he's a type 5 enneagram on top of being ISTJ.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes violett liked this post

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus View Post

There is definately a good portion of my class that really enjoys learning about accounting. There are some parts of it I don't even mind, like some of the math parts can end up being a bit similar to puzzle, but yeah on the whole there really doesn't seem like there is much to it besides endless memorization, following of directions, and plugging in numbers. If I did not have to take it as a pre-req for my major I would definately have avoided taking it.

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

I learned a new acronym today that cracked me up. EPC ~ extra pair copulating. Sooo many words/acronyms... so little time.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

"You're the dumbest smartest person I know."

What does that mean? :|

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post

Totally lacking common sense but having a very high intellect, IME.

The dumbest smart person I know has done these two things accidentally before:
    1) Lit his entire backyard on fire
    2) Created chlorine gas in his family kitchen
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post

it's when someone who is otherwise smart, does something 'dumb'. Dude! what were you thinking, followed by much facepalming.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    it's when someone who is otherwise smart, does something 'dumb'. Dude! what were you thinking, followed by much facepalming.
    And the Lord looked down upon the offering and facepalmed, and the people facepalmed, and there was much facepalming.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Osprey, Ivy liked this post

"Your argument sucks. Have a nice day!"
    "I don't have time for your bullshit. Have a nice day!"

And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country . . . wait, this is 2016.
    Likes violett, Bush Did 9/11 liked this post