User Tag List

Page 5105 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 410546055005505550955103510451055106510751155155520556056105 ... LastLast
Results 51,041 to 51,050 of 67818

Thread: Random Thought Thread

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

I think it's about time that I give up on most of my goals.

Level 8 Scumlord Array SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    I think it's about time that I give up on most of my goals.
    Focusing on fewer goals has led people to actually accomplishing them. Diversifying and adding goals to your plate can create action paralysis. Check out Franklin Covey's 4 Disciplines of Execution: FranklinCovey Croatia :: Consulting It's meant for the business environment but can be easily applied to the personal.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Olm the Water King, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Focusing on fewer goals has led people to actually accomplishing them. Diversifying and adding goals to your plate can create action paralysis. Check out Franklin Covey's 4 Disciplines of Execution: FranklinCovey Croatia :: Consulting It's meant for the business environment but can be easily applied to the personal.
    Giving up on goals is something that doesn't come easy to me though. How does one do that mentally?

P.S.: I'd rather not go into details.

There should be a thread entitled "Shows you secretly like that everyone hates"

Keeping up with The Kardashians

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

Giving up on goals is something that doesn't come easy to me though. How does one do that mentally?

P.S.: I'd rather not go into details.
    Depends on the person. Disclaimer aside, here is a quote that works for me.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

You are not giving up on your goals, you're merely reprioritizing them Perspective... perspective. You can reprioritize them at a later time if you so desire, but first things first. Pick a wildly important goal and HANDLE it
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Olm the Water King, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    Depends on the person. Disclaimer aside, here is a quote that works for me.

"Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."

You are not giving up on your goals, you're merely reprioritizing them Perspective... perspective. You can reprioritize them at a later time if you so desire, but first things first. Pick a wildly important goal and HANDLE it
    I probably need to invent new goals for myself. "Artificial" ones because I'm not really feeling them.

Getting my maladaptive mind to change is not easy.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    There should be a thread entitled "Shows you secretly like that everyone hates"

Keeping up with The Kardashians
    Anyone else watch really bad tv?
    Things that you like, but probably shouldn't

It'd be easiest if you replaced your old goals with new ones, probably. Easier said than done, but it helps to have somewhere to redirect that energy. Satisfaction with the new goals will likely take some time, if you were super attached to your old goals.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Olm the Water King, violett liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    642 so/sx

I probably need to invent new goals for myself. "Artificial" ones because I'm not really feeling them.
    New goal, old goal, fewer = better, presuming the goal is to actually achieve the goal.

Getting my maladaptive mind to change is not easy.
    ...and so it will be. Negative self talk, is negative. Change the song, try it out, try something neutral like: Changing my mind requires work & effort.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Satisfaction with the new goals will likely take some time, if you were super attached to your old goals.
    Yeah, that's the problem. A lot of them practically define my sense of who I am. They're "ego-syntonic".

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

T G I F

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes SpankyMcFly, Ivy, EJCC, BadOctopus liked this post