User Tag List

Page 5067 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 406745674967501750575065506650675068506950775117516755676067 ... LastLast
Results 50,661 to 50,670 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

"Do you think video or computer games are childish? A: Yes Explanation: 'I have yet to meet a man who plays video games that isn't completely emotionally stunted.'"

True or na?
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    "Do you think video or computer games are childish? A: Yes Explanation: 'I have yet to meet a man who plays video games that isn't completely emotionally stunted.'"

True or na?
    Partly true. Don't look for emotional maturity among gamers. This is in part because a large fraction of those with the extra time to spend on gaming are age 13-18 or so. It's also in part because you'll see a lot of INTx types into gaming, and they start off kind of emotionally stunted.

But there are plenty of counterexamples. They just tend not to be under 30 yrs old INTx types. Often in MMORPGs, I would find that older gamers would tend to congregate together, primarily due to enjoying the overall level of emotional maturity to be had. These groups tended to include husband/wife pairs who enjoyed gaming together.

The main problem with people who are passionate about gaming is that just as they become very good at gaming (no matter in how emotionally mature a manner), they necessarily omit from their lives other levels of social experience that most people regard as common. In order to gain real emotional maturity, people need a broad experience of life, not expertise in a narrow area of life.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes BluRoses liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post

True or na?
    I say not true, for the simple reason that just because you haven't met an emotionally mature gamer doesn't preclude their existence.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Hard liked this post

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I have a pretty old, large scar in the palm of one of my hands that totally bisects one of my palm lines. I don't believe in palm reading (or human methods of telling the future in general) but this morning I was curious about the symbolism of which line it was.

I had to share my mirth, it's my "lifeline".

Photo Apr 02, 9 40 42 AM.jpg

The symbolism does ring true for me though. That scar often reminds me of Christ's sacrifice, and now of my own death were it not for his.

*disclaimer for you history buffs: Yes, crucifixion wounds were in the wrist, not the palm.
    Find my Enneagram writing here, and ethical boutique here.✨
    Likes EJCC, Alaska liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    I have a pretty old, large scar in the palm of one of my hands that totally bisects one of my palm lines. I don't believe in palm reading (or human methods of telling the future in general) but this morning I was curious about the symbolism of which line it was.

I had to share my mirth, it's my "lifeline".

Photo Apr 02, 9 40 42 AM.jpg

The symbolism does ring true for me though. That scar often reminds me of Christ's sacrifice, and now of my own death were it not for his.

*disclaimer for you history buffs: Yes, crucifixion wounds were in the wrist, not the palm.
    I love that you posted this during Holy Week. (Would have been even better timing if you'd posted it on Good Friday!)
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes small.wonder liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Ah crap, I'm losing my voice. I don't even sound sexy when I lose my voice. I sound like Patty or Selma Bouvier.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Ah crap, I'm losing my voice. I don't even sound sexy when I lose my voice. I sound like Patty or Selma Bouvier.
    It's better than sounding like Grandpa.

.... I think something's going around. it started for me yesterday, throat pain that typically leads to my voice sounding like crap. it's that "most wonderful time of the year!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I'm sure there's more than one person who has thing for Selma, you should hit the bars. I sound like Barry White when I lose my voice, It's pretty awesome.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Is it possible that some of my lifelong friends know so little about me that the way they talk about certain topics implies that they think we're in agreement despite the fact that my views are quite different?

I'm confused.

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Partly true. Don't look for emotional maturity among gamers. This is in part because a large fraction of those with the extra time to spend on gaming are age 13-18 or so. It's also in part because you'll see a lot of INTx types into gaming, and they start off kind of emotionally stunted.

But there are plenty of counterexamples. They just tend not to be under 30 yrs old INTx types. Often in MMORPGs, I would find that older gamers would tend to congregate together, primarily due to enjoying the overall level of emotional maturity to be had. These groups tended to include husband/wife pairs who enjoyed gaming together.
    I'm going to address a common stereotype here, and say that I rarely play video games or computer games. I enjoy them, but I don't feel like shelling out money to buy a system, or purchase games for my desktop. In elementary school, I would play computer games, but video gaming systems were forbidden in my house; it was thought (probably correctly) to be a distraction from schoolwork.

I do, however, indulge in fantasy and science fiction.

If I lack emotional maturity, it's for other reasons.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!