User Tag List

Page 5040 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 404045404940499050305038503950405041504250505090514055406040 ... LastLast
Results 50,391 to 50,400 of 67829

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@Lark Oh, I have no doubt that it comes down to a lack of maturity. But this guy is almost forty, so I'm not sure if he'll ever "grow out" of his asshattery.

I don't mind if you think you're right. Just don't do that whole head-patting, patronizing, "Actually, you're wrong, you poor simp, and here's why" thing to people just because their opinions are different from yours. It's not the end of the world if someone disagrees with you.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    @Lark Oh, I have no doubt that it comes down to a lack of maturity. But this guy is almost forty, so I'm not sure if he'll ever "grow out" of his asshattery.

I don't mind if you think you're right. Just don't do that whole head-patting, patronizing, "Actually, you're wrong, you poor simp, and here's why" thing to people just because their opinions are different from yours. It's not the end of the world if someone disagrees with you.
    Yeah, some people don't grow out of their "main type", if you will, differentiating their tertiary and inferior to whatever degree. In my experience, they get WORSE with time, not better, because they can't figure out why things turn out poorly for them.

Fortunately, the opposite is possible. Most people who meet me these days cannot believe I was an arrogant, pontificating prick back in the day, and some of them even conclude that I must be an INFJ (or some sort of NF) because of that.

This seems to be borne out overall in most of the older people I've known, especially grandparents and great-uncles/aunts and parents and so on. There's a huge degree of mellowing out that happens over time, OR they just get more and more bitter. This is regardless of type. Typology just provides a model as to how the mellowing happens or doesn't happen for particular types, but doesn't determine WHETHER it happens.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Yeah, some people don't grow out of their "main type", if you will, differentiating their tertiary and inferior to whatever degree. In my experience, they get WORSE with time, not better, because they can't figure out why things turn out poorly for them.

Fortunately, the opposite is possible. Most people who meet me these days cannot believe I was an arrogant, pontificating prick back in the day, and some of them even conclude that I must be an INFJ (or some sort of NF) because of that.

This seems to be borne out overall in most of the older people I've known, especially grandparents and great-uncles/aunts and parents and so on. There's a huge degree of mellowing out that happens over time, OR they just get more and more bitter. This is regardless of type. Typology just provides a model as to how the mellowing happens or doesn't happen for particular types, but doesn't determine WHETHER it happens.
    So true. I wasn't exactly a sterling example of an INTJ when I was a teenager. But I wasn't really the pedantic type; more the "Eww, feelings are gross, logic is infinitely superior" type. I used to get disgusted over people's emotional displays. Thankfully, I have learned to appreciate the value of emotions, and not be such a frigid bitch. I hope.

What really annoyed me about this guy was that he actually said, in this unbearably snooty way, "I highly doubt you're an INTJ, because you're much too nice." If my friend hadn't been there, I would have said, "Being an INTJ doesn't give you free license to be a dick."

Maybe I am too nice. But that's no reason to doubt my type. What utter rubbish.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Basically I play Battlefield 3 on the Multiplayer.

It's an all male first person shooter war game (everybody playing it is male).

I own on the AH-1Z Viper as its holder & owner.

(in my free time of course)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Wish I could spend more time on it because I'm the best there.

Spring is here!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

What really annoyed me about this guy was that he actually said, in this unbearably snooty way, "I highly doubt you're an INTJ, because you're much too nice." If my friend hadn't been there, I would have said, "Being an INTJ doesn't give you free license to be a dick."

Maybe I am too nice. But that's no reason to doubt my type. What utter rubbish.

I get the same thing, as I noted in my original reply. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of "INTJs" are really just type 5 ISTPs. They're really sharp, and they know their stuff, and they have a degree of intuition. But they don't do Ni that well, and they're convinced that being INTJ means being an ass. E.g., it means tearing down others' arguments with "logic" (what they consider to be logic), and not actually contributing to anything resembling a meaningful discussion.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

It's a war game.

No women & children allowed.

Frankly, he's a pedantic, condescending prick. Those kinds of INTJs piss me off.
    You would not have liked a member named Provoker.

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You would not have liked a member named Provoker.
    Was he provocative?