User Tag List

Page 5015 of 6779 FirstFirst ... 401545154915496550055013501450155016501750255065511555156015 ... LastLast
Results 50,141 to 50,150 of 67781

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #50141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    if that's true, i'm judging you with this expression
    I WAS doing it, that part is true, but I didn't actually love doing it. Just finished though, and it's only 9pm... still tons of time for actual fuN!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  2. #50142
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I WAS doing it, that part is true, but I didn't actually love doing it. Just finished though, and it's only 9pm... still tons of time for actual fuN!
    good you are normal. i was worried
    by @magpie

  3. #50143
    across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Tomatoes growing faster than we thought.
    Likes gromit liked this post

  4. #50144
    darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    6,907

    Default

    Stupidity by its nature seems to masks itself with certitude and dominance.
    If a person is too sure of themselves, there's a good chance they are an idiot.

    Or more softly put…

    "We have found it of paramount importance that in order to progress, we must recognize our ignorance and leave room for doubt." Richard Feynman
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

  5. #50145
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    If you think the welfare state can't be just as soulless and inhumane as the worst corporation then you are a fool.
    When the culture's the same you cant expect any different.

    I've known a lot of social work service managers who actually WANT to be the model of selfish, ruthless, heartless, brutalism their corporate equivalents are known for. Even its only one or two they have consequences far beyond themselves.

  6. #50146
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Stupidity by its nature seems to masks itself with certitude and dominance.
    If a person is too sure of themselves, there's a good chance they are an idiot.

    Or more softly put…

    "We have found it of paramount importance that in order to progress, we must recognize our ignorance and leave room for doubt." Richard Feynman
    Yeah but I think the Devil's Beatitudes are a brilliant example of how that sort of insight plays out in reality, people when the soapbox about ignorance are always sure that it's others ignorance, their own assurity and certainty can be and is only borne of truth, absolute truth, and is pretty unshakeable.

    I've experienced it on this forum when I've tried to get people to think again about some of their own sacred causes but its just "you are 100% bigot, hater" and I've encountered it on other forums and I've encountered that saying that is often enough to shut things down, still the experience has left me more skeptical when people attempt the same tactics with other opinions so perhaps it has made me more interested in reading unpopular opinion so its not all bad.

    JS Mill wrote in relation to economic reform when universal sufferage was looming large in his day, and he feared it, about how he thought eventually the world could get locked into ignorant change and ignorant opposition and I think that'd be a terrible prospect. I like thinking about things. I've got to thinking that others dont and prefer that others would just nod agreement if they air any opinion what so ever.
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

  7. #50147
    A GOD Array Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    The nutters hiding in my house, still. How is that even conceivably possible?

    Leaving this matter officially to God.

  8. #50148
    darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None
    Posts
    6,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah but I think the Devil's Beatitudes are a brilliant example of how that sort of insight plays out in reality, people when the soapbox about ignorance are always sure that it's others ignorance, their own assurity and certainty can be and is only borne of truth, absolute truth, and is pretty unshakeable.

    I've experienced it on this forum when I've tried to get people to think again about some of their own sacred causes but its just "you are 100% bigot, hater" and I've encountered it on other forums and I've encountered that saying that is often enough to shut things down, still the experience has left me more skeptical when people attempt the same tactics with other opinions so perhaps it has made me more interested in reading unpopular opinion so its not all bad.

    JS Mill wrote in relation to economic reform when universal sufferage was looming large in his day, and he feared it, about how he thought eventually the world could get locked into ignorant change and ignorant opposition and I think that'd be a terrible prospect. I like thinking about things. I've got to thinking that others dont and prefer that others would just nod agreement if they air any opinion what so ever.
    Very good post, Lark. And it is more complex than my "random thought" because there are sometimes experts who are extremely sure of themselves. The U.S. culture has gotten completed inundated through the media with this sort of idiotic certainty. It seems to be an epidemic these days.

    I am tired of overly aggressive personalities and am ready to match their level of dominance at least in text. I grew up in the "wild west" which is filled with dainty cowboys. So many people love to act externally tough, but are wimpy on the inside. I certainly have faults, and I could write them out almost endlessly. I've also changed my entire inner construct of reality more than once in my life. People expect the quiet or accommodating person to "know their place" and submit to any nastiness. Wow, if you push back at all, these same types of people get really pissed off. From an empathy standpoint, the feeling they convey when pissed off doesn't hurt nearly as much as the entitlement they feel when you submit to their dominance. To share that feeling with them is quite vomitus. Everyone is not equally stupid, and everyone is not equally mean, or equally flawed. We are all the products of our genetics, environments, and hopefully our choices. Those elements are not equal and the outcomes are not equal.

    I used to adore people who seemed objective until I learned from 20 years of living with them, over a decade of trying to communicate with them online, and of course a lifetime of employers (as well all have endured), and I've found that coddling people only makes them worse irl - at least the ones I've encountered which could be a statistical anomaly, but could also be representative of the larger whole. That remains an unknown. If they are tough enough to dish it out, then they are tough enough to take it, and that will remain my assumption about people, because even if it is a flawed assumption, it still seems fair.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

  9. #50149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    good you are normal. i was worried
    PHEW.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  10. #50150
    hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    27,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    PHEW.
    though to be fair the forum is a psych ward, so take my conclusion with a grain of salt
    by @magpie
    Likes gromit liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO