User Tag List

Page 5002 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 400245024902495249925000500150025003500450125052510255026002 ... LastLast
Results 50,011 to 50,020 of 67835

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@Qlip

thanks perfect for this sunny day.

reminded me of this a little. one of my favorites.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Likes Qlip liked this post

My brother and I were hanging out at my house one night drinking and cooking out. We had a conversation about Bob Dylan, he said he does not understand how or why anyone could be a fan. He said Dylan sounds like a whiny bitch who just finished gargling rusted nails (apparently he's never heard Tom Waits). I said well, you have to appreciate him for his poetic/lyrical genius. He said, I don't give a shit about lyrics if I can't stand the guys voice, because of this I will never get to know the lyrics. He's a huge David Bowie fan, actually saw Bowie in concert in Philly.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

Also, this probably deserves its own thread. But, I'm truly tired of the ignorance of those who idealize N types over S types. Intuitives are special, more creative, more intelligent, etc. etc. etc. I have three children my oldest is an Isfj, when she was in elementary school her class took standardized tests (measuring their progress). At the time my sister in law had been a long time teacher at the same school grooming for the position of Principal. Anyway, we were told to keep the information she passed along to us hush, hush because most parents don't know that IQ tests are automatically built into standardized tests administered to their children. We were told she (my Isfj daughter) had the highest IQ not only in her class, but in her grade.

Also, my son, has recently became involved in a program in which he was required to undergo a battery of tests, measuring his IQ, his educational level, etc. He was subjected to a very comprehensive and extensive diagnostic evaluation. He is a Junior in H.S. and has the equivalent of 17 years of education in his strongest subject (reading comprehension, language, and English), less in his weakest (mathematics). I remember during parent teacher conferences when he was in middle school his English/creative writing teacher mentioned that he was probably one of the most intelligent students he has encountered in a long time (which in his case was double edged, since he found class boring) I have been told he is gifted. So, for those under the erroneous and ignorant assumption that the N/S dictonomy is reflective of innate human capability and intelligence, take a step back and think again.

Now, that I had the opportunity to express my thoughts I feel better.

Carry on.
    Likes BadOctopus, Lark, Kierva, Totenkindly liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@violett Amen. My oldest brother is an ISTJ, and he's good at freaking everything he sets his mind to do. Everything. He's brilliant. It's quite disgusting, really.

Preferences about functions is one of the most laughable forms of prejudice out there.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes violett, Totenkindly liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    @violett Amen. My oldest brother is an ISTJ, and he's good at freaking everything he sets his mind to do. Everything. He's brilliant. It's quite disgusting, really.

Preferences about functions is one of the most laughable forms of prejudice out there.
    Its most common among people who dont actually know a fuck about typology or at least Jung and others views on the matter, although they figure if they shout about it no one will call their bluff.
    Likes violett liked this post

Right Amazon que update already!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post

Absolutely. There's nothing magical about Ni or Ne over Si or Se. It's just different styles of perceiving the world. They can affect the "flavor" of the kinds of talents someone learns, but they don't make someone more or less talented.

As Nardi noted in his studies, Si types are very good at studying and becoming specialized at something. They love to practice and practice and perfect their skills, something that Ni types don't really like all that much. Really skilled Si types can become specialized in many different skills.

Ni types, on the other hand, make superb generalists and problem-solvers. They tend to excel in environments were specialization doesn't help that much, when the problems are always new, where there is no tried-and-true way to do things.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/10714.html" target="_blank">Qlip</a>

thanks perfect for this sunny day.

reminded me of this a little. one of my favorites.
    Haha, I forgot about this. But for some odd reason while doing the dishes I put on this new record I bought Saturday, A Love Supreme, John Coletrane. Then I remembered. The above is a tribute to it, I like it. Ne nenenenene.

Men, I'll never understand why you use the F word when you're talking to a lady. I mean, you're talking to a lady!!