User Tag List

Page 4993 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 399344934893494349834991499249934994499550035043509354935993 ... LastLast
Results 49,921 to 49,930 of 67713

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

What's with this trend of athletic shoes coming in really bright, obnoxious colors?
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    What's with this trend of athletic shoes coming in really bright, obnoxious colors?

Athletic shoes need to be bright and fun. I have a pair of flourescent pink Brooks.

Limited edition running shoes: Brooks Vivid Collection

Some episodes of Mad Men are fantastic, some seem to be shite and say nothing but there is that one or two scenes which sum up something important from history which has slipped the collective memory.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Some episodes of Mad Men are fantastic, some seem to be shite and say nothing but there is that one or two scenes which sum up something important from history which has slipped the collective memory.
    Cite a shite example, please, Lark. I'm curious as to if I'd agree.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Borderlines are silly. Mad that I don't answer EVERY time they call.

"You never know, the next call you don't answer could be someone calling to say I had a heart attack/got hit by a car/tragedy accident etc and now I'm dead."

Well.. missing the call wouldn't make her any less dead. Not much I could do about that.
    I guess I'm supposed to feel guilty, but.. it doesn't compute.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

I think I was married to a borderline. I was probably supposed to feel guilty when he threw himself back onto the floor in the lazy boy pretending he was dead. In time I realized he was up to his psycho-drama again and just kept on walking. I spoke to one of his cousins, apparently he did this sort of thing with his first wife (only that marriage lasted less than a year). According to his cousin, he and his wife had a disagreement over dinner and he decided to fall out in the middle of the parking lot afterwards, his cousin (who knew he was faking) decided he needed mouth to mouth resuscitation and gave it to him, for the hell of it. I cried laughing.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    I think I was married to a borderline. I was probably supposed to feel guilty when he threw himself back onto the floor in the lazy boy pretending he was dead. In time I realized he was up to his psycho-drama again and just kept on walking. I spoke to one of his cousins, apparently he did this sort of thing with his first wife (only that marriage lasted less than a year). According to his cousin, he and his wife had a disagreement over dinner and he decided to fall out in the middle of the parking lot afterwards, his cousin (who knew he was faking) decided he needed mouth to mouth resuscitation and gave it to him, for the hell of it. I cried laughing.

Oh jeez. The theatrics can be amusing at times when you are able to separate yourself.
    It's good to have the mental clarity & freedom to distinguish what you personally are responsible for when it comes to things like this.

Ultimately the theatrics are an attempt to manipulate & exercise control in order to feel secure and emotionally valued. You can never love a Borderline enough, it's a bottomless well with their own demons endlessly echoing back and forth, undermining what love you have to offer, undermining the shaky foundation that comprises their sense of self. It's sad, but in the end you have to take care of you, or you'll empty out. Accepting that your best is enough whether they accept it or not is so incredibly freeing, though.

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Oh jeez. The theatrics can be amusing at times when you are able to separate yourself.
    It's good to have the mental clarity & freedom to distinguish what you personally are responsible for when it comes to things like this.

Ultimately the theatrics are an attempt to manipulate & exercise control in order to feel secure and emotionally valued. You can never love a Borderline enough, it's a bottomless well with their own demons endlessly echoing back and forth, undermining what love you have to offer, undermining the shaky foundation that comprises their sense of self. It's sad, but in the end you have to take care of you, or you'll empty out. Accepting that your best is enough whether they accept it or not is so incredibly freeing, though.
    He totally drained me. Maybe if I had more awareness I could have dealt with his issues better in the long run. Or conversely, I would have gotten out sooner.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Goddamn inefficient people and their goddamn inefficiency...
    *licks you*

there now you are angry and slobbery you get a trophy congrats
    by @magpie
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    He totally drained me. Maybe if I had more awareness I could have dealt with his issues better in the long run.
    In the end, I think they have to be capable of acknowledging there's a problem, and they have to want to seek assistance.. but, unfortunately, it's one of the more difficult mental illnesses for people who suffer it to admit. The black & white thinking probably makes it harder. Admitting there's an issue can = they're ALL BAD. Everything is their fault, they must be evil, etc etc. That's a tough (and inaccurate) absolute for any mind to accept, so they have to swing in the opposite direction and avoid all personal accountability.

Personally, my rule with unstable people is that- if they know how to compose themselves in public/professional settings w/me & others for the most part, then they likely have some awareness of the unacceptability of the behaviors they display in more enclosed settings. If they don't want to face taking responsibility for that, and face their problems, I walk away. If they are totally unstable all the time- everywhere- I am a bit more willing to offer support.

The BPD in my post is my mother- so I simply emotionally distance vs actually break contact entirely. I just maintain my boundaries and offer whatever I have to offer, and nothing more.

I hope you're feeling like you have your own life again/some peace since leaving that relationship.