User Tag List

Page 4982 of 6766 FirstFirst ... 398244824882493249724980498149824983498449925032508254825982 ... LastLast
Results 49,811 to 49,820 of 67654

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #49811
    Cat Wench Array ReadingRainbows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    My coworker saw a door open and shut on its own in a recently vacant apartment. The individual that lived there is deceased now so I'm going to make ghostbusters references for the next month to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

  2. #49812
    Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Stephen Fry is gay and vehemently opposes organized religion. It's no wonder that Lark despises him.
    Well, that's silly. Being gay is not a mark of someone's character. And historically speaking, organized religion doesn't exactly have a good track record.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

  3. #49813
    Happy Dancer Array uumlau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so
    Posts
    5,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    And historically speaking, organized religion doesn't exactly have a good track record.
    A bit of lazy thinking, there.

    Any collective institution that has existed for a significant period of time will have a "poor" track record, by your standard. Government doesn't have a good track record, business doesn't have a good track record, etc. I could put the word "organized" in front of these (including religion!) and it would just be redundant. Humans are fallible, therefore human institutions are fallible, and it has nothing to do with which category of human institution it might fall under.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

    A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  4. #49814
    Senior Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Well, that's silly. Being gay is not a mark of someone's character. And historically speaking, organized religion doesn't exactly have a good track record.
    Good luck trying to explain that to Lark.

  5. #49815
    Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    A bit of lazy thinking, there.

    Any collective institution that has existed for a significant period of time will have a "poor" track record, by your standard. Government doesn't have a good track record, business doesn't have a good track record, etc. I could put the word "organized" in front of these (including religion!) and it would just be redundant. Humans are fallible, therefore human institutions are fallible, and it has nothing to do with which category of human institution it might fall under.
    I actually agree with all of that. And I wasn't singling out organized religion over any other human institution, because as you pointed out, none of them are infallible.

  6. #49816
    시간을 멈출래 영원히 Array Kierva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    2,348

    Default

    On the outside I might seem strong
    But really inside I'm just alone
    I don't believe whenever you go
    I'm just a child whenever you show

  7. #49817
    A GOD Array Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    I actually only do the serious stuff. :/

  8. #49818

    Default

    I bought a new Acer AspireX desktop with an Intel-Core i5 Processor with Turbo Boost which runs Windows 7. I found it challenging to find reasonably priced new desktops which don't run Windows 8 or 8.1., which I find ridiculously annoying to use when attempting to accomplish work related tasks. I'm sure my new computer will last until a better version of Windows comes out.

    Meanwhile, I'm feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve but instead of waiting for Santa its UPS.
    Likes uumlau liked this post

  9. #49819
    A GOD Array Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Been taxiing a bunch of little mother trying to steal my AH-1Z.

    IT'S ONLY MINE.

    Nobody else could have it.

  10. #49820
    A GOD Array Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    What? I just heard robins chirping outside. It's not into Spring yet.

    It's next year already??

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO