User Tag List

Page 4957 of 6769 FirstFirst ... 395744574857490749474955495649574958495949675007505754575957 ... LastLast
Results 49,561 to 49,570 of 67682

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Tempbanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I also need to trust my parents with my feelings. I have always felt that it was pointless telling them anything about myself as I was so different and they just wouldn't understand me. We've fought a lot before, but my mum has really helped in the last few days - including staying up and talking to me for an hour at 2am last night - so I feel a lot warmer towards her than I have for a long time.

I am clearly not beyond human comprehension. Unfortunately I can't help but feel a bit disappointment in that. But that urge, to be unique and somewhat tragic, is childish, and I need to get over it or at least channel such feelings into something productive. I am just down all the time at the moment.

The industy is plummeting, oil prices have bottomed out and there have been third and fourth wave layoffs. I will be one of the last ones standing in the end. Because I am a survivor. 12 hour days bring it on.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

It is actually all out of the question.

God simply made all of it happen. We don't need to keep running back to Him.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    My best friend works for the police department in my city. He's in the traffic unit and takes paper (CHP 555 collision form) on about 500 crashes a year. Back in 2012 he sent me this:

The Ten Vehicles Most Likely to be Driven by Idiots:

1) Honda Civic: all years, all models. Odds go up if equipped with any of the following: cut springs, aftermarket exhaust, giant aluminum wing on trunk lid (which is causing the trunk struts to fail and the trunk to leak, 'cause you didn't silicone around all those holes).

2) Honda Accord: see #1. Although if it's brand-new and driven by a [name of local high school redacted] senior, it'll be operated just as badly, if not more so.
    Hmm, see, these are so popular here they're driven by a huge cross-section of people; old, young, wealthy, poor, male, female. The older (10+ year-old) Civics and Accords tend to be driven by younger people, who tend to be awful drivers in general.

3) BMW 3-Series: particularly if salvaged by refugee from former Soviet republic or Warsaw Pact country. If so, typically equipped with ugly-azz aftermarket taillights, cheap Chinese-made wheels (painted flat black with rattle cans and equipped with no-name tires), and limo-tinted windows.

4) Audi A4: see #3.

5) Mercedes-Benz E-Class: see #3.
    I would have said Mercedes-Benz C-class instead, but yeah, pretty much. Audi A5/S5 (essentially A4 coupes) drivers have taken up the mantle too.

6) Dodge Ram pickup: Odds go up if equipped with any of the following: lift kit, 20" wheels, multiple shocks per wheel, bed-mounted exhaust stacks. Tattoo required for purchase.
    You could say the same about any of the full-size pickup trucks, not just Rams.

7) Saturn SC1: the first-gen 80s coupe and sedan. One of the favorites for those with suspended licenses and undocumented illegals.
    No longer relevant, haven't seen any of those pieces of shit in a long time.

8) Big Rig: once upon a time, some degree of competence and professionalism could be expected from commercial truck drivers. Those days, however, are long gone.

9) Honda CBR600RR: why every 19-year old wants one of these for his first bike is beyond me. My guess is 90% or more of these on the road have been dropped multiple times. Those riders that live presumably move on to other things.
    Motorcyclists in general are pretty bad around here.

10) Ford Explorer: mid-80s to mid-90s vintage, see #7. Newer versions, not nearly as much.
    Like the Saturns, these pieces of shit are long gone around here.

Honorable Mentions:

Harley-Davidsons: someday, every middle-aged man in the US will quit wanting to be Marlon Brando in The Wild One. Until then, the rest of us will continue to have our eardrums blown out (and our side mirrors taken off as they attempt to split lanes). And those stupid little helmets will continue to up the demand for reconstructive dentistry.

Subaru WRX: guess what, ace; you ain't Ken Block. And you sure as hell can't drive like him.

Scion tC: perhaps the most ironically named vehicle ever (that's what happens when your buyer demographic is 17-year old girls texting on their smartphones).

VW New Beetle: see above.
    Eh, they tend to be pretty expensive for what they are, so I mostly see women north of 50 years old driving them.

MBTI
    INTJ

This Youtube video is the most amusing thing I have seen in a whole year:

I finally know my type:

"And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla
    Likes violett, an hero liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

The idea is not to be too in your head about it.

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    This Youtube video is the most amusing thing I have seen in a whole year:

I finally know my type:

[video]
    Lol who is this?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Hmm, see, these are so popular here they're driven by a huge cross-section of people; old, young, wealthy, poor, male, female. The older (10+ year-old) Civics and Accords tend to be driven by younger people, who tend to be awful drivers in general.

I would have said Mercedes-Benz C-class instead, but yeah, pretty much. Audi A5/S5 (essentially A4 coupes) drivers have taken up the mantle too.

You could say the same about any of the full-size pickup trucks, not just Rams.

No longer relevant, haven't seen any of those pieces of shit in a long time.

Motorcyclists in general are pretty bad around here.

Like the Saturns, these pieces of shit are long gone around here.

Eh, they tend to be pretty expensive for what they are, so I mostly see women north of 50 years old driving them.
    This was written in NorCal, so YMMV. For instance, we don't have road salt and the corresponding rust like you people do. This is also an affluent region with lots of stupid kids driving cars their parents buy for them.

This list evolves of course. For instance, the Acura Integra would have been a significant player 10 years ago, but most of them have since been totaled by guys in sideways hats.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Another thing is, no one does this shit unless it's the pure truth. If I was lied to I wouldn't be going speech mode all about it right now.

It is the untainted truth outside of any pit leading to hell.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    This was written in NorCal, so YMMV. For instance, we don't have road salt and the corresponding rust like you people do.
    Saturns don't rust though, they're plastic. The body of a Saturn will look great, even now.

It's everything else that'll fall apart.

(My sister had one a few years ago; it was a hoopty, just... terrible...)

This is also an affluent region with lots of stupid kids driving cars their parents buy for them.
    Here, too.

This list evolves of course. For instance, the Acura Integra would have been a significant player 10 years ago, but most of them have since been totaled by guys in sideways hats.
    True dat.