User Tag List

Page 4956 of 6784 FirstFirst ... 395644564856490649464954495549564957495849665006505654565956 ... LastLast
Results 49,551 to 49,560 of 67837

Thread: Random Thought Thread

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I'm done being nice to idiots to who think they're right
    by @magpie
    Likes Lark liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm done being nice to idiots to who think they're right

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Because ISIS is like HYDRA: "Cut off one head and two more shall take its place".

Best way to weaken it in the long term is to cut off its sources of new membership, which I believe is the international community's current focus ("hearts and minds" etc). Nuking anyone would prove ISIS' point about America and the West and make even more people want to join.
    I dont know what their point is about America and the West, to be honest I dont think they do either and its of secondary importance anyway, most of their grievances are ancient, long, long forgotten by even the most traditionalist and time honoured establishments in the world today. It all stinks of pretext.

Sometimes I think I'd give anything to spend a day with some of the far flung friends I've got or met over the years.

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Is it a prerequisite for owning a BMW that you have to be an inconsiderate, tailgating jerkwagon when you're driving?
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Is it a prerequisite for owning a BMW that you have to be an inconsiderate, tailgating jerkwagon when you're driving?
    A white BMW just about ran me over this morning, this immediately made me think of @prplchknz. I believe you should not have restrained praise for the one white BMW owner who is not an asshole 24/7.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    A white BMW just about ran me over this morning, this immediately made me think of @prplchknz. I believe you should not have restrained praise for the one white BMW owner who is not an asshole 24/7.
    proof!! hah! and I was told i was being judgemental and prejudice. and I'm like nope. I don't come to these conclusions on a one off basis, but noooo people don't like the fact that the human races isn't sunshine and lolipops by default.

- - - Updated - - -

yes yes yes and yes
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array

No, but there is a strong correlation.

I've spoken to friends and colleagues about BMW drivers before. My hypothesis is that there are three kinds:

• Older folks who have owned BMWs since the 1970s or '80s, who bought them at the time because they were enthusiasts, and have remained loyal ever since. Most are pretty considerate, 'normal' drivers.
    • Younger (<45) people who lease them new, 90% of which are douchecanoes.
    • Younger people who buy them used, 99.4% of which are douchecanoes.

This applies mostly to 1-series and 3-series drivers. Most 5-, 6- and 7-series drivers are older and more mature. The X1, X3 and X5 drivers are a mixed bag. Most seem to be housewives.

The same applies to Infiniti G35/G37/Q50 drivers. Especially the coupes.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    No, but there is a strong correlation.

I've spoken to friends and colleagues about BMW drivers before. My hypothesis is that there are three kinds:

• Older folks who have owned BMWs since the 1970s or '80s, who bought them at the time because they were enthusiasts, and have remained loyal ever since. Most are pretty considerate, 'normal' drivers.
    • Younger (<45) people who lease them new, 90% of which are douchecanoes.
    • Younger people who buy them used, 99.4% of which are douchecanoes.

This applies mostly to 1-series and 3-series drivers. Most 5-, 6- and 7-series drivers are older and more mature. The X1, X3 and X5 drivers are a mixed bag. Most seem to be housewives.

The same applies to Infiniti G35/G37/Q50 drivers. Especially the coupes.
    My best friend works for the police department in my city. He's in the traffic unit and takes paper (CHP 555 collision form) on about 500 crashes a year. Back in 2012 he sent me this:

The Ten Vehicles Most Likely to be Driven by Idiots:

1) Honda Civic: all years, all models. Odds go up if equipped with any of the following: cut springs, aftermarket exhaust, giant aluminum wing on trunk lid (which is causing the trunk struts to fail and the trunk to leak, 'cause you didn't silicone around all those holes).

2) Honda Accord: see #1. Although if it's brand-new and driven by a [name of local high school redacted] senior, it'll be operated just as badly, if not more so.

3) BMW 3-Series: particularly if salvaged by refugee from former Soviet republic or Warsaw Pact country. If so, typically equipped with ugly-azz aftermarket taillights, cheap Chinese-made wheels (painted flat black with rattle cans and equipped with no-name tires), and limo-tinted windows.

4) Audi A4: see #3.

5) Mercedes-Benz E-Class: see #3.

6) Dodge Ram pickup: Odds go up if equipped with any of the following: lift kit, 20" wheels, multiple shocks per wheel, bed-mounted exhaust stacks. Tattoo required for purchase.

7) Saturn SC1: the first-gen 80s coupe and sedan. One of the favorites for those with suspended licenses and undocumented illegals.

8) Big Rig: once upon a time, some degree of competence and professionalism could be expected from commercial truck drivers. Those days, however, are long gone.

9) Honda CBR600RR: why every 19-year old wants one of these for his first bike is beyond me. My guess is 90% or more of these on the road have been dropped multiple times. Those riders that live presumably move on to other things.

10) Ford Explorer: mid-80s to mid-90s vintage, see #7. Newer versions, not nearly as much.

Honorable Mentions:

Harley-Davidsons: someday, every middle-aged man in the US will quit wanting to be Marlon Brando in The Wild One. Until then, the rest of us will continue to have our eardrums blown out (and our side mirrors taken off as they attempt to split lanes). And those stupid little helmets will continue to up the demand for reconstructive dentistry.

Subaru WRX: guess what, ace; you ain't Ken Block. And you sure as hell can't drive like him.

Scion tC: perhaps the most ironically named vehicle ever (that's what happens when your buyer demographic is 17-year old girls texting on their smartphones).

VW New Beetle: see above.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I wish I was less sensitive. I never thought I'd say that, I mean beneath the drama I've always valued and enjoyed it, and it gives me an advantage over so many other men. But my life is being affected because I take too much to heart, especially now.

I am on holiday in a beautiful place and I'm just lying naked in bed, unable to get up.