User Tag List

Page 4945 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 394544454845489549354943494449454946494749554995504554455945 ... LastLast
Results 49,441 to 49,450 of 67816

Thread: Random Thought Thread

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Happy Lunar New Year, everyone

I FEEL ALRIGHT

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Wanna let go but I know I can't.

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

We have at least one thing in common.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    The actor, Rutger Hauer, rewrote/improvised the scene that made the cut.
    Likes EJCC liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    The actor, Rutger Hauer, rewrote/improvised the scene that made the cut.
    And it was some profound shit that he replaced the original script with.

I wonder if he's thought about it, read the book or just winged it and was that kind of guy.

Fifty Shades of Shite, I will be so glad when this whole thing is over.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And it was some profound shit that he replaced the original script with.

I wonder if he's thought about it, read the book or just winged it and was that kind of guy.
    He read the original that Ridley Scott wanted to do and decided it was bullcrap, especially as far as science fiction goes and replaced it. He must have been a fan. It's ironic that Ridley Scott is best known for one of the most profound and influential science fiction movies, but he is really is terrible with the genre. The dude knows how to make things look good and setup an atmosphere and that's about it. Good science fiction is about big ideas and internal consistency.

He had his George Lucas moment with Prometheus, where he got to the part of career when the producers and his actors no longer dare question his crappy decisions as a director. Talk about the dangers of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    He read the original that Ridley Scott wanted to do and decided it was bullcrap, especially as far as science fiction goes and replaced it. He must have been a fan. It's ironic that Ridley Scott is best known for one of the most profound and influential science fiction movies, but he is really is terrible with the genre. The dude knows how to make things look good and setup an atmosphere and that's about it. Good science fiction is about big ideas and internal consistency.

He had his George Lucas moment with Prometheus, where he got to the moment of career when the producers and his actors no longer dare question his crappy decisions as a director.
    Are you sure about Prometheus? I thought it was one of the writers from Lost who was responsible for that and the original movie was much more of a straight forward Alien prequel, actually the movie they had wanted to make at the time of Alien but couldnt due to limitations in special effects etc.

I think Blade Runner is amazing for its ability to depict a future urban dystopia in a truly perrenial sense, OK some of the costumes look a little eighties but in the main it holds up perfectly, I also thought, although perhaps its me and my fear of humanoid monsters, that it was more of a horror film than a science fiction movie. I always thought of it as horror in the future.

From the synthetic interview at the very outset when the guy with the Freddy Mercury mustache (something I associate with bad guys too) blasts that guy right through the guy putting his hand in a toaster or freezer (dont recall which) and Rutger Hauer himself its all horror. Hauer casts a long eighties shadow in horror, with the original and best Hitcher, he did a lot of good bad guys, convincingly, I know he did some bad vampire movies later in life but I try to ignore those.

I know there's a lot of people think his character is tragic and profound but I think he's out and out bad, he makes a good speech before he crokes but you want to bet that if he had an extra hour then he'd have turned Decker into a bloody stain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

@Lark, I didn't mean to imply he wrote it, but he did choose the script. And besides visuals and a couple of good horror like scenes, it was a mess. Maybe the key word is horror, Alien was a great horror story with a solid sci-fi theme, from a literary genre point of view.

Roy Batty may have been 'evil', but he represented a group of 'people' who could only find any kind of life for themselves by doing bad.