User Tag List

Page 4926 of 6772 FirstFirst ... 392644264826487649164924492549264927492849364976502654265926 ... LastLast
Results 49,251 to 49,260 of 67719

Thread: Random Thought Thread

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

edited the above...sorry...it was gross the way it was written before.
    I remember childhood summers at my grandma’s house. We would run through her yard and see tomatoes, grape vines, and fire flies. We walked barefoot all over the neighborhood. The grass on the sole of our feet felt divine and the warm concrete warmed our bones to the core.

The sun was as bright as it ever was or could be. These were the days of the first kiss and finding playboys thrown out in the dumpsters. We had to watch ourselves at the park. There were broken bottles here and there and a giant manhole was placed adjacent to the Chicago River where we used to play and run.

The smell of summer was as beautiful as anything. We smashed flowers on our hands and brushed our fingertips under our nostrils – god bless us. That was part of the overall scent of summer, just a small part too.
    There were woodsy odors by the pine trees that grew brains out the side. They were really spots of fungus on the side of the bark but they looked eerily like brains. We were afraid to touch them.

Some whiffs were not so pleasant. We caught whiffs of bums, dog shit, and indiscernible stenches. But they too were pleasing as pungent props on a glorious backstage of a summer season. Broken bottles, playboys, kisses, and games of hide and seek were all wonderful sites to behold like the Grand Canyon especially after a brutal Chicago winter and in light of the hours we spent indoors hibernating.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Steel-cut oats + apple butter + pepitas = BEST.

That is all.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes GarrotTheThief, BadOctopus, Ivy liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I ran over lots of other enemy players on my police interceptor (turbo cop car) on Battlefield Hardline Beta, which is the latest beta release for the Battlefield games after Battlefield 4 last year.

It's badass.

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

present tense version:

Present Tense:
    My grandma is upstairs. I look out the window and it is almost afternoon.
    “Grandma, I am going outside!” I scream and run out of the house before she answers. I spot my friend with a football across the street. I run across the street on my bare feet feeling the warm pavement melt my bones to the core.
    I jump on the grass, “I’m off the lava!”
    He twirls the football in the air. We don’t need to speak. Like two young dogs we know what we are going to do. We are going to do the same thing we did yesterday. We are going to roam the neighborhood on the soles of our feet like Native Americans traversing the wilderness.
    We meander over to the park. There is a manhole there. We climb on top and hang over it staring into the abyss. We jump off the manhole and run to the fence that blocks off the Chicago River and look at a tire in the middle of the stream.
    We run all across that long park stretched over the river and dodge broken bottles and dog shit. We find playboys in dumpsters that remind me of my first kiss. I look up and the sun is beating down as bright as it ever will be for my senses in youth are like fresh milk soon to be spoiled or dulled by hours upon hours of grade school and high school homework.
    I see those popping flowers and grab a series of them in my hands and pull hard. I smash and pop them in my hands and sniff my fingers right after. It reminds me of the piney smell that comes off the trees with brains, or a fungus that grows of the side of pine trees I would come to understand later.
    We are going back to my grandma’s house. We cut through the alley, hop a fence, and now we are in the yard. We fall on our backs and stare at the blue sky. A power line is cutting through our view of the vista but it only adds to the beauty. There are tomatoes we run by, and a grape vine we climb to the roof of my house, but for now we are just laying still, together, best friends forever.
    I smell the sweet scent of my Grandmother’s cooking. She is making some pastries. We run over and grab some that are done and then run back outside through the back door, giant swinging gates, and jump off the porch and land on warm concrete once again. We will do this again, and again, and again.
    Years later we would separate and go our different ways. But we are doing it in the moment – being best friends.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Steel-cut oats + apple butter + pepitas = BEST.

That is all.
    spanish baby skunks
    by @magpie
    Likes Evee liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    spanish baby skunks
    Pepita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@EJCC I love pepitas. My favorite part of carving jack-o'-lanterns as a kid was scooping out the seeds and roasting them.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes EJCC liked this post

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    then say pumpkin seeds, i don't need your yuppy terminology polluting my brain

#FauxSJingTheSJ
    by @magpie
    Likes uumlau liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    @EJCC I love pepitas. My favorite part of carving jack-o'-lanterns as a kid was scooping out the seeds and roasting them.
    My favorite part was enjoying the role of Only Child Not Afraid of Pumpkin Goop, and grossing out my friends

Second-favorite part was roasting the pepitas

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    then say pumpkin seeds, i don't need your yuppy terminology polluting my brain

#FauxSJingTheSJ
    Don't hate the player -- hate the game
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I didn't realize they were pumpkin seeds. My food co-op has been selling this delicious stuff this week, sautéed green beans and carrots with pepitas, and I thought they were some kind of sunflower-like seed. They're yummy, whatever they are. I've eaten that dish three times this week.