User Tag List

Page 4922 of 6782 FirstFirst ... 392244224822487249124920492149224923492449324972502254225922 ... LastLast
Results 49,211 to 49,220 of 67816

Thread: Random Thought Thread

  1. #49211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lake View Post
    Testies, testies

    1

    2

    ... 3?
    You have such a way with numbers and you're so at ease with yourself. You really captured the essence of the experience!

    At first, I thought your name was @Lark, but then after I read your post I realized, no way! Lark speaks and acts with confidence. He has the inner strength to express his true self and initiate a real conversation. He doesn't need a cheesy countdown. He simply pushes the launch button.

  2. #49212
    deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,152

    Default

    Who should play Scout (20 yr old), Boo, and Atticus in the sequel? I'm thinking Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit) as Scout, John Malkovich as Boo, and Matthew McConaughey as Atticus.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

  3. #49213

    Default

    Camera one closes in, the soundtrack starts, and the scene begins. They're trolling you now. Take a bow.

  4. #49214
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Sociology doesn't only confirm that but also recognises that our social environment isn't the only factor that comes to play. Like I said, just cos there's a probability and it's most likely doesn't mean it's definite. A person's psychology naturally plays into their behaviour as well.
    Yes. This is a psychological site. We are learning how to change our psyche, and we are learning how to change our psychoclass.

    Of course we meet resistance. We meet resistance from those from the authoritarian psychoclass, often concealed in religion. And we meet resistance from those from the abusive psychoclass, which is usually expressed in personal insults.

    Both the authoritarian and the abusive psychoclasses use psychological defences, such as rationalisation, denial and trivialisation, all under the guise of 'having fun'. But of course it is having fun at another's expense.

    The helping psychoclass results in empathy and creativity. Why not seek it out and adapt to it?
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

    Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

  5. #49215
    good, hot, fresh, fly ~ Array laterlazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes. This is a psychological site. We are learning how to change our psyche, and we are learning how to change our psychoclass.

    Of course we meet resistance. We meet resistance from those from the authoritarian psychoclass, often concealed in religion. And we meet resistance from those from the abusive psychoclass, which is usually expressed in personal insults.

    Both the authoritarian and the abusive psychoclasses use psychological defences, such as rationalisation, denial and trivialisation, all under the guise of 'having fun'. But of course it is having fun at another's expense.

    The helping psychoclass results in empathy and creativity. Why not seek it out and adapt to it?
    I'm not here to change my psyche. The only thing I'll be doing is developing it.

    You don't need to change your circumstance to live a certain way, you change your approach.
    It's all well and great if you can change your surroundings and grow from the new environment, but external situations are not left to us and some people are unable to escape undesirable environments. Instead you can learn how to adapt within the situation you're in. Hard, but not impossible. Not everyone is privileged.

  6. #49216
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    I'm not here to change my psyche. The only thing I'll be doing is developing it.

    You don't need to change your circumstance to live a certain way, you change your approach.
    It's all well and great if you can change your surroundings and grow from the new environment, but external situations are not left to us and some people are unable to escape undesirable environments. Instead you can learn how to adapt within the situation you're in. Hard, but not impossible. Not everyone is privileged.
    I was talking to Badger the other day and he told me that the important thing was not to understand the psyche but to change it.

    And the best way to change the psyche is to adapt to a new environment, and why not a privileged environment?
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

    Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

  7. #49217
    deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,152

    Default

    I know a weird trick to change your psyche in just 15 minutes!
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

  8. #49218
    across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I know a weird trick to change your psyche in just 15 minutes!
    Temporarily or permanently?

  9. #49219
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    Temporarily or permanently?
    I bet it's murder. Or systematic abuse. Or a sudden influx in material wealth. Or conversation with a person you feel strongly positive/negative about. Or being in a situation that would cause PTSD. Or problems inherited from parents/past family. Or being severely physically or mentally damaged. Or.....
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"


    … a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

  10. #49220
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    You have such a way with numbers and you're so at ease with yourself. You really captured the essence of the experience!

    At first, I thought your name was @Lark, but then after I read your post I realized, no way! Lark speaks and acts with confidence. He has the inner strength to express his true self and initiate a real conversation. He doesn't need a cheesy countdown. He simply pushes the launch button.
    I've seen that before, people creating accounts which are the same as or resemble closely and are likely to be mistaken for the accounts of other users.

    Its generally for the purposes of trolling and messing about but I dont know if it is on this occasion or not.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] SJ Random Thought Thread
    By Giggly in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 622
    Last Post: 10-28-2016, 07:32 PM
  2. [NT] Random thought thread (NT version)
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 10-22-2016, 04:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO