User Tag List

Page 4921 of 6783 FirstFirst ... 392144214821487149114919492049214922492349314971502154215921 ... LastLast
Results 49,201 to 49,210 of 67825

Thread: Random Thought Thread

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Red blood out, yellow plasma back in. Then you shiver.
    Gross. Why would you do that.

there are easier ways to get aids testing.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Gross. Why would you do that.

there are easier ways to get aids testing.
    Because I get a lot of sensory satisfaction from it, you rarely get the chance to see the stuff inside of yourself. And, because the world needs my O+ red blood cells. :P AIDS, lol.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Because I get a lot of sensory satisfaction from it, you rarely get the chance to see the stuff inside of yourself. And, because the world needs my O+ red blood cells. :P AIDS, lol.
    Haha I donated plasma for a while for money in college. I very much enjoyed the feeling of the cold fluid being pumped back into me.

...wait does this belong in the confessions thread?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Likes Qlip liked this post

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    I have nothing to sell, and even if I did I'd want to keep it for myself, well until I have no use for it any more. I wouldn't be asking to buy if I had any in the first place.
    We can have impoverished thoughts, we can think for instance we have nothing to sell, or we can have prosperous thoughts about what we can sell.

Impoverished thoughts create an impoverished life, while prosperous thoughts create a prosperous life.

Of course we may live in an impoverished environment, so impoverished thoughts give us a sense of belonging and comfort.

So we can continue to complain to us about our impoverishment, or we can change our environment and our thoughts.

We can, if we wish, find a prosperous environment and have prosperous thoughts and a prosperous life.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ Array laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    We can have impoverished thoughts, we can think for instance we have nothing to sell, or we can have prosperous thoughts about what we can sell.

Impoverished thoughts create an impoverished life, while prosperous thoughts create a prosperous life.

Of course we may live in an impoverished environment, so impoverished thoughts give us a sense of belonging and comfort.

So we can continue to complain to us about our impoverishment, or we can change our environment and our thoughts.

We can, if we wish, find a prosperous environment and have prosperous thoughts and a prosperous life.
    Naturally easier said than done.

Finding a prosperous environment wont instinctively give you prosperous thoughts and a prosperous life. In fact none of those things even directly link. Perhaps coincidentally and of course there'll be a correlation, but not necessarily causation.

But who's complaining about their impoverishment?

Naturally easier said than done.

Finding a prosperous environment wont instinctively give you prosperous thoughts and a prosperous life. In fact none of those things even directly link. Perhaps coincidentally and of course there'll be a correlation, but not necessarily causation.

But who's complaining about their impoverishment?
    All of us are immensely influenced by our environment. And usually we take our environment as a given, we take our environment for granted, and often we identify with our environment.

We also seem to resist the fact that if we change our environment we change ourselves.

However the possibility exists that we can choose our environment and so choose what we will become.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

All of us are immensely influenced by our environment. And usually we take our environment as a given, we take our environment for granted, and often we identify with our environment.

We also seem to resist the fact that if we change our environment we change ourselves.

However the possibility exists that we can choose our environment and so choose what we will become.
    Sure if you change your environment you can change yourself but you can stay the same regardless of your environment, the same way you can change yourself even if you're still within the same environment. It's not as simple as change your environment and bam you're a new person. That would actually not be good to vouch on, say a circumstance changes that environment once more to a less favourable one, would you still depend on your environment to determine your person?

The environment is there to give you a basis to start on and a preference to follow due to it's influences, but ultimately it's not the only deciding factor and everything still depends on you.

Sure if you change your environment you can change yourself but you can stay the same regardless of your environment, the same way you can change yourself even if you're still within the same environment. It's not as simple as change your environment and bam you're a new person. That would actually not be good to vouch on, say a circumstance changes that environment once more to a less favourable one, would you still depend on your environment to determine your person?

The environment is there to give you a basis to start on and a preference to follow due to it's influences, but ultimately it's not the only deciding factor and everything still depends on you.
    Our ego resists the idea that we adapt to our environment. But if natural selection teaches us anything it is that we adapt to our environment.

Sociology also confirms that we adapt to our social environment.

In the modern world we do have the choice between a number of environments, some impoverished materially and some impoverished culturally, and some are materially rich and culturally rich.

And in the modern world we not only have traditional classes but we have psychoclasses.

And the best environment to adapt to is a psychoclass where empathy and creativity are practised every day, and usually this psychoclass is materially and culturally rich and prosperous.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Our ego resists the idea that we adapt to our environment. But if natural selection teaches us anything it is that we adapt to our environment.

Sociology also confirms that we adapt to our social environment.

In the modern world we do have the choice between a number of environments, some impoverished materially and some impoverished culturally, and some are materially rich and culturally rich.

And in the modern world we not only have traditional classes but we have psychoclasses.

And the best environment to adapt to is a psychoclass where empathy and creativity are practised every day, and usually this psychoclass is materially and culturally rich and prosperous.
    Sociology doesn't only confirm that but also recognises that our social environment isn't the only factor that comes to play. Like I said, just cos there's a probability and it's most likely doesn't mean it's definite. A person's psychology naturally plays into their behaviour as well.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

You can also get smashed off a couple beers after donating plasma.

Pay raise today, no work tomorrow. Let the celebration commence!
    Likes five sounds liked this post