User Tag List

Page 4883 of 6781 FirstFirst ... 388343834783483348734881488248834884488548934933498353835883 ... LastLast
Results 48,821 to 48,830 of 67808

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Yep those republicans are all just the worst kind of people.
    i specified that he was an asshole first, i added the republican part bc i have a hunch they are probably a pretty solidly anti-face tattoo demographic. feel free to post any articles proving me wrong on that.

cost to benefit ratio analysis keeps all things in perspective
    Likes GarrotTheThief, EJCC liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    No, he did it to me, ever since the the word "standard knowledge" entered my lexicon. It's been eating at my mind.
    What does it mean? Did he invent it or do you think its something that one of his therapists said to him which he's been pissed about since? I get a feeling that he works out his arguments or issues from therapy with everyone else he can come into contact with, without ever realising that behaving that way with everyone would suggest its more likely that it is he that has the problem than the whole damn world of everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    i specified that he was an asshole first, i added the republican part bc i have a hunch they are probably a pretty solidly anti-face tattoo demographic. feel free to post any articles proving me wrong on that.
    Republicans are opposed to face tattoos?
    Likes chickpea liked this post

i doubt he got the tattoos just to piss off his dad, i just think it's funny that he turned out to be his dad's worst nightmare
    I think I know what you mean.

I dont think its particularly funny for either of them or likely to be fun either, probably tragic, although its my opinion and it just happens to be different from yours, not saying there's a right and a wrong about it, I dont know the people involved afterall.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant get enough cheese.

I wish that The Punisher existed in real life.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Default Criminals and the Déclassé

In Japan it is only the Yakuza, the organised criminals, who wear tattoos. So if we wear tattoos in Japan, we are suspected of being criminals. This is also true in some other Asian countries.

And in jails across the world criminals tattoo themselves.

And it has now become fashionable for the déclassé to tattoo themselves.

So in some countries tattoos have déclassé allure.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Republicans are opposed to face tattoos?
    i'd assume so, it's pretty aggressively counter-culture. most non-republicans are probably against it too, at least when it comes to judging the person/hiring them for a job.

but you know... who really cares? lol

Well, he will learn a valuable lesson eventually on just how many people actually care
    Likes chickpea, Lark, GarrotTheThief liked this post

i'd assume so, it's pretty aggressively counter-culture. most non-republicans are probably against it too, at least when it comes to judging the person/hiring them for a job.

but you know... who really cares? lol
    Well, it sounds kind of sad that father and son are at opposite extremes.

Still its not people I know so I dont care that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by violett View Post
    Well, he will learn a valuable lesson eventually on just how many people actually care
    True, true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont try to define God, the fact that it is difficult or impossible to do so is part of the reason that God is God, most attempts in human history have amounted to anthropomorphism in some shape or style and that is part of the reason why it was easy for anthropologists and philosophers to claim that man creates God and not vice a versa as is posited by religion.

I am not sure what other definitions you are talking about, I would have to consider them and I'm not familiar with all of them, we could be talking about quite different things. I do think that some of Thomas Aquinas' definitions are interesting, the unmoved mover and that sort of thing.

Also I find Maimonides (spelling) is a good theorist of these kinds of things, and his definitions are sound too, for instance that God is non-corporeal and therefore in some ways no definable, that has been used as a que by some athiests or non-theists to suggest that this meant God's existence and all things to do with God should not be up for discussion or thought about but focus should instead be on practical ethics. I dont necessarily think that way.

I think the different definitions and ideas are useful, perhaps, as a temporal search for God, although that will never be something which can be complete. Unless you are satisfied with simple reductive answers or the outright dismissal of the question by atheism. Which I am not.
    If that is how you think about god, then what led you to believe there is one in the first place? It would seem impossible to be aware of or even interested in something that is undefinable, unprovable and so ultimately unknowable. Please answer with as much logic and as little name-dropping as you can.
    Likes Hard liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    In Japan it is only the Yakuza, the organised criminals, who wear tattoos. So if we wear tattoos in Japan, we are suspected of being criminals. This is also true in some other Asian countries.

And in jails across the world criminals tattoo themselves.

And it has now become fashionable for the déclassé to tattoo themselves.

So in some countries tattoos have déclassé allure.
    Interesting...so if I were born the son of a plutocrat but married a doctor, a Tattoo would be in order.

I'll keep that in mind in the next life.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.