User Tag List

Page 4880 of 6777 FirstFirst ... 388043804780483048704878487948804881488248904930498053805880 ... LastLast
Results 48,791 to 48,800 of 67767

Thread: Random Thought Thread

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    A "provable" God is no God.
    Ok, so you're narrowing down your definition of God to something quite specific... Fair enough. How would you define God then? And why would you define God this way? And why is your definition more valid than other definitions?

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Happiness is finding an entire bar of Dark Chocolate in your desk that you had completely forgotten was there.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes GarrotTheThief, Oaky, BadOctopus liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Happiness is finding an entire bar of Dark Chocolate in your desk that you had completely forgotten was there.
    I love dark chocolate. After eating dark chocolate and having an espresso I feel so jacked I could jump up and grab a bar and do ten pull-ups. I also feel jovial and gitty. My mom buys herseys bars and it's so annoying. I always tell her, you want the dark chocolate 'cause it's like smoking a dooby, (I lean in and tell her I wouldn't know but I've heard - and that's the truth, ain't it!) but yeah...

point of the story at bandcamp is to proclaim my unanimous love where the dark chocolate is concerned as well and my bitter hatred for herseys and all they stand for...although teh almodn bars aren't bad...
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Totenkindly, Lark liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Anything else is poetic.

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

I'm probably going to burn my diary soon.

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I'm making pickled vegetables for the first time. Holy hell, why did no one tell me that daikon radishes smell like someone farted themselves to death?
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    Ok, so you're narrowing down your definition of God to something quite specific... Fair enough. How would you define God then? And why would you define God this way? And why is your definition more valid than other definitions?
    I dont try to define God, the fact that it is difficult or impossible to do so is part of the reason that God is God, most attempts in human history have amounted to anthropomorphism in some shape or style and that is part of the reason why it was easy for anthropologists and philosophers to claim that man creates God and not vice a versa as is posited by religion.

I am not sure what other definitions you are talking about, I would have to consider them and I'm not familiar with all of them, we could be talking about quite different things. I do think that some of Thomas Aquinas' definitions are interesting, the unmoved mover and that sort of thing.

Also I find Maimonides (spelling) is a good theorist of these kinds of things, and his definitions are sound too, for instance that God is non-corporeal and therefore in some ways no definable, that has been used as a que by some athiests or non-theists to suggest that this meant God's existence and all things to do with God should not be up for discussion or thought about but focus should instead be on practical ethics. I dont necessarily think that way.

I think the different definitions and ideas are useful, perhaps, as a temporal search for God, although that will never be something which can be complete. Unless you are satisfied with simple reductive answers or the outright dismissal of the question by atheism. Which I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    I love dark chocolate. After eating dark chocolate and having an espresso I feel so jacked I could jump up and grab a bar and do ten pull-ups. I also feel jovial and gitty. My mom buys herseys bars and it's so annoying. I always tell her, you want the dark chocolate 'cause it's like smoking a dooby, (I lean in and tell her I wouldn't know but I've heard - and that's the truth, ain't it!) but yeah...

point of the story at bandcamp is to proclaim my unanimous love where the dark chocolate is concerned as well and my bitter hatred for herseys and all they stand for...although teh almodn bars aren't bad...
    Dark choclate is healthy too, in so far as its generally higher percentages of coco, seventy or eighty percent is even safe for some diabetics. With espresso is a brilliant idea.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You've failed to protect me, mods, it doesn't matter, it's too late, the damage is done. I feel like I'm missing something essential in my life, something elusive that everyone else has in their grasp. It's as if I've been denied some sort of standard knowledge.

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

The secret to any physical action is merging technique with rhythm. Reality breathes.]
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.