User Tag List

Page 4867 of 6780 FirstFirst ... 386743674767481748574865486648674868486948774917496753675867 ... LastLast
Results 48,661 to 48,670 of 67794

Thread: Random Thought Thread

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I want to go home.

I also want a banh mi sandwich.
    Where are you now, little girl?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Oh, yum. Stop it, @Qlip, you're making me hungry.

Although I'd have to order it without cilantro, because I'm one of those unfortunate people who are genetically predisposed to taste soap and insect repellant instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Is that a genetic propensity? Because i used to taste soap too.

However, i don't notice that anymore. I love it now.
    AGA's experience is backed up by fact: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html

Apparently, there IS a "soapy" taste in there, and in the 1600s it was often referred to as tasting like "bugs". It's the same kinds of chemicals in both cases. Whether or not you like it as a seasoning depends on overall food experience, and it's possible to overcome one's aversion to it by gradually exposing oneself to it in various contexts. Eventually your brain starts to realize that the "soapy/buggy" taste is "safe", and then all the other flavors that are also in there kick in and make the food prepared with cilantro taste more savory.

It doesn't appear to be a genetic thing, but an "acquired taste" thing.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

just did 20 pullups and I ate an all brand muffin with a late I made for 10cents...YEAH GET IN MY BELLY!
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    That was my impression as well. In this part of the world the only place to get some fresh cilantro is in Asian grocery stores or restaurants (Mexican cuisine is sadly underdeveloped over here). I'd venture to say most Germans aren't used to it and would dislike it at first.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Where are you now, little girl?
    I'm at work, getting chewed on by cats and birds. And please do not call me "little girl". It's icky. And I'm probably older than you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. My tastes have changed in regards to other foods. I used to dislike eggs and tomatoes, and now I love them. But I think my aversion to cilantro is so strong that I don't even want to develop a taste for it.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Mace liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H. Array GarrotTheThief's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

my dude GGG is the real deal...check him out...he answers a very important question: Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Anniston.

"i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

@prplchknz

Likes prplchknz, chickpea, Lark, BadOctopus liked this post

I wonder if anyone ever posted a thread on whether or not anyone does the lottery on the forum or if you've made plans for your winnings already?

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Rain, rain, don't go away
    You're the best thing that's happened to me all day.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Evee liked this post

Guys I freaking shit you all not but Amazon has made the first episode of a TV adaptation of The Man In The High Castle by PKD, I swear to God I loved that book and didnt imagine for an instant that it would be filmable, check it out if you all can.

I havent seen any footage of the statue of liberty giving a Hitler salute but I dont know if the book featured that or if it was just one of the cover arts I know about, I've seen another in which there was a US flag and the stars had been replaced with swastikas, there was something like that in the first episode but it was a single swastika in white on a field of blue on the US flag.

I am really hopeful that this could mean future and further adaptations, I would absolutely love to see Time Out of Joint or The Cosmic Puppets, both of which I imagined would be absolutely perfect for TV adaptation, I used to stop and start reading and it actually felt like the points I did stop and start reading at were like the natural pause for the end and beginning of episodes.